We are looking for an experienced DevOps Developer to help our Platform Engineering team build the foundations of our future cloud platform, as well as assist in the support and maintenance of our existing on-premise solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity to build common capabilities and solutions to accelerate our cloud adoption and improve developer experience.
To be successful in the DevOps Developer role, you must have a strong background working within containerised and virtualised on-premise environments, alongside experience with migration into AWS. A background in software development is desirable.
Technology & Role Profile
- Microsoft Windows Server technologies
- Linux Server technologies
- Networking, routing and load balancing
- Cloud provider: AWS
- Compute: ECS Fargate, Lambda
- IaC: Terraform
- Languages/frameworks: .Net Core (C#), Node.js
- UI: Angular, S3, CloudFront, ASP.Net
- CI/CD: Azure DevOps
- Data: DynamoDB, MongoDB, SQL Server/Postgres, OpenSearch, Redis
- A competitive basic salary + annual company bonus
- Flexible hybrid working model (2 days home, 3 days office)
- Career development and promotional opportunities
- 25 days holidays (increasing to 28 after 5 years of service)
- A Moments That Matter Day (annually)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Holiday buy and sell (up to 5 days per year)
- 3 paid days charity leave
- Company events, socials, and incentives
- 3x annual salary death in service benefit
- Company pension scheme
- Costco membership
- Salary sacrifice, company car scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free breakfast, fruit, and hot/cold beverages
- Referral scheme
- Employee discount
- Private medical insurance (taxable benefit) or healthcare cash plan (costs incurred by employees)
- Demonstrable hands-on experience in supporting the development function with a mix of on-premise and cloud-native solutions
- Experience with migration strategies of on-premise applications and infrastructure into a cloud environment
- Comfortable supporting and diagnosing issues with network connectivity, routing and security
- Demonstrable hands-on experience provisioning cloud resources using IaC - Terraform (preferred), CloudFormation or CDK
- Experience in building core platform capabilities, e.g. monitoring, logging and alerting solutions, for consumption by service delivery teams
- Broad knowledge of hybrid infrastructure, distributed, highly available platforms
- Takes a security-first approach to design and development
- Experience developing solutions with languages/frameworks such as C#, Java, Node.js or Python
- Have worked in teams migrating and modernising monolithic applications
- Experience building and operating within an event-driven, microservice architecture
- Excellent problem-solving and diagnostic skills
- Demonstrable hands-on experience building and designing cloud-native solutions in AWS at scale
- You have built an observability platform in AWS - monitoring, logging, tracing and alerting
- While not essential, an AWS professional-level certification (DevOps Engineer, Solutions Architect) would be very beneficial
- Experience working within the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Experience in cloud cost forecasting and capacity planning
- A background in software development
Don't delay, apply for this DevOps Developer role today!
Here at Travel Counsellors, our customers, communities and colleagues lie at the heart of everything that we do - and that's what makes us special. For us, relationships come before transactions, and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We've been changing lives for over 28 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,900 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses. We pride ourselves in remaining a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 250 super-talented people in our support offices to help them create unique, inspiring, and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that bring them back to us, time and time again.
Our unique approach within the workplace - as well as towards customers - has seen us receive numerous awards and accolades, including being named The Best Place to Work in Travel at the 2022 TTG Travel Industry Awards, as well as being the first travel company to be awarded the Queen's Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category!
We are currently expanding at a phenomenal rate - on the back of what is our record year in terms of revenue (over £800m) and so are looking for like-minded individuals to join our dedicated Head Office team, to help the company continue to flourish. Join us as a DevOps Developer today.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.