Your new company
Hays are delighted to be partnering with a public sector organisation based in Edinburgh who are looking to appoint an HR Information Systems Analyst to their well established HR team.
Your new role
As an HRIS Analyst you will need to think flexibly, with the ability to analyse and visualise a diverse range of people data. Working in a team of HR Information Systems Subject Matter Experts, you will report to the Strategic Partner: HR Information Systems within the HR Unit and have one direct report (HRIS Adviser). Having a passion for people metrics and being pro-active and solution-focused, with excellent attention to detail, you will play a key role in improving people data, supporting operational decision making and adding value to the organisation.
Duties will include:
- Manage and oversee all people reporting and analytics operations to streamline HR processes, address inefficiencies, ensure quality and value added service
- Liaise with stakeholders to determine MI and reporting requirements and solutions, developing strategies for effective data analysis and reporting
- Identify and interpret key people data, extracting information from people systems utilising SAP Business Objects to understand and predict trends and patterns as well as design and carry out surveys
- Carry out comprehensive analysis of people data to inform conclusions and support operational and strategic decision-making
- Use tools and techniques to visualise and format people data such as diagrams and graphs - prepare reports and present these to the HR Senior Management team, HR colleagues and our customers
- Support the development and publication of annual people reports such as, Gender Pay Gap, Equal Pay Statement, People Scorecard, People Survey, by providing accurate, clear, consistent and engaging analytics
- Create a robust governance framework to manage and monitor people data quality
- Oversee data cleanses of all people systems and information
- Work with stakeholders and HR colleagues to promote people metrics and support training
- Lead, manage, develop and support team members (1 direct report – HRIS Officer)
The above lists are not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake such duties as may reasonably be requested within the scope of the post.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be an experienced systems analyst, ideally with knowledge and experience of Microsoft Power BI and Itrent. You will have knowledge of data reporting tools to leverage analytics and metrics capability, understand and predict trends and patterns and design and carry out surveys, the ability to be proactive in identifying opportunities to make improvements to people data. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, including report writing and presentation, along with problem solving skills and managing competing priorities.
What you'll get in return
- £35-37k per annum
- Full time permanent contract (Monday - Friday)
- Hybrid working - 2 days per week in office
- Excellent additional benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.