We are recruiting for an experienced IT Manager to join a market leading specialist precision engineering company, designing and manufacturing special purpose machinery. in the West Yorkshire area The IT Manager will provide effective IT & telecommunications assistance across all aspects of the business. The IT Manager is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Server and Desktop operating systems and Microsoft Exchange environment plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software.
IT Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Overall accountability for IT operations and priorities for the team by working closely with the Senior Management team to provide a "best in class" IT Support service.
- Responsible for taking a leading role in all planning processes relating to IT, including the development and execution of individual work plans, ensuring structures are in place to provide feedback as these progress, business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Management and professional development of the IT Team including one to ones and appraisals.
- Encourage users to adopt good IT practice and ensure correct and appropriate use of equipment.
- Management of the IT budget, ensuring internal procurement process is followed for all purchases, that relevant records are kept, and reports can be issued to leadership as and when requested.
- Responsible for the maintenance of up-to-date documentation of all relevant IT systems and hardware, including any maintenance contracts and warranties.
IT Manager Key Skills:
- Competent (and confident) in all technical aspects of IT engineering (ideally gained within a similar environment)
- Demonstrable ability to think around issues, thinking outside of the box to provide quality support
- Ability to plan and organise own work whilst managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to solve problems, manage and meet deadlines and maintain a high quality of work.
- Possess flexibility and adaptability to manage changing work requirements and varying volumes of work, including ability to work well.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring staff
- Well versed in Windows Server 2016 / 2019, Windows 10, VMWare
- Proven experience of IT security administration and risk assessment
- O365 / Admin Centre experience required
- User and licenses reconciliation
- Conducting bespoke infrastructure projects
- Liaising with stakeholders on requirements
- Ensuring all IT equipment functions and is maintained
- Working extra hours to meet deadlines, as required and where reasonable
IT Manager Qualifications Required:
- Relevant IT related degree qualification with the ability to demonstrate experience in the following areas
- Management of IT teams
- Experience in, computer networking and security, networks and communications systems, computer science, digital communications, and networks.
- Understanding of Infrastructure and applications ideally in retail related industries
- Delivery using on premise and cloud platforms and technologies
- A minimum of 5 years of IT service delivery and project delivery experience
For more information on this IT Manager position apply now or contact Chris Taylor on: (phone number removed).
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.