A full-service Digital creation agency are hiring a Product Designer!These guys are looking for a Product Designer who has a passion for finding Digital Design and Product solutions that allow customers to intuitively use products. Working on a range of greenfield projects within the Transport sector and others, The Product Designer will be skilled at each stage of the design process but always focused on the needs of the customer and deliveiring a smart product that solves issues for the user.
You will be part of a team helping to gather client requirements, manage the design process from start to finish and be heavily involved in testing functionality throughout the product lifecycle.
What will you be doing?
- Set acceptance criteria and user requirements based on information from internal teams, clients and user research.
- Work closely with product owners to suggest improvements for products and processes
- Maintain design systems and ensure they align closely with the brand identity of clients
- Modify and evolve existing designs to meet changing customer preferences
- Be part of a team and take collective responsibility for the quality of the product by maintaining a high standard of design and user experience throughout
- Be confident in presenting designs and prototypes to external clients
- Providing design support for legacy websites and other areas of the business
What they we looking for?
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
- Experience using Adobe XD for designing and prototyping
- A good understanding in accessible design (up to AA standard) for cross-platform apps and websites, particularly for public sector and government bodies
- Experience in working using Agile methodologies and leading and taking part in ceremonies such as Three Amigos and example mapping
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members
- A well-rounded portfolio of client work, demonstrating experience in working on at least one live app
- Ability to effectively communicate and rationalise design decisions to internal team and clients
- Provide design assistance to developers when needed
- Recommend new tools and technologies by staying up-to-date with latest design trends and techniques
Nice to have
- Knowledge in building and testing apps using Xcode and Android Studio
- Hands on experience with app release processes for Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Knowledge in using native screen-readers such as VoiceOver and TalkBack
- Basic CSS experience
This Product Designer role is almost entirely 100% remote, with the option of working in the office. You will be expected to visit the office once per quarter as a minimum.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.