Job Title: Systems Manager
Location: Glascoed - near Newport, South Wales - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements, please communicate with your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you'll be doing:
- Supporting the delivery of major application change, large system upgrades and introduction of new capability
- Delivery of new functionality including the documenting of requirements, design reviews, test management, implementation and benefits realisation
- Ensuring appropriate documentation of applications, procedures and work instructions exist
- Supporting the development of Key users, providing expert support and leading key user groups
- Reviewing small change requests for validity/feasibility and support their progression through the relevant process
- Promoting the sharing of best practice and solution re-use across Land UK & Weapons (and wider where appropriate)
Your skills and experiences:
- Process experience/Knowledge in the area of Product Data Management
- Knowledge and experience of SAP processes
- Knowledge and experience of working in an IT environment and of current IT technologies
- Experience of taking end user requirements through to implementation
- Experience of Software management - Licensing/obsolescence remediation
- Experience/Knowledge of SAP Access Management
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The IM & T team:
You will be part of a team that works across our three Land UK sites. With a larger team, focussing on specific applications you will collaborate on all IM&T services. Your primary focus will be on Manufacturing Readiness, but you will also be required to support other capability areas as needed. You will be involved in major system upgrades and the implementation of new functionality, including the most cutting-edge digital technologies. The role will also include incident resolution, licence management, support contract management, obsolescence remediation, business adoption support, and identifying opportunities for solution re-use.
We are currently implementing SAP S4, and this role will allow you to support a major systems upgrade for the business while also working on other key IT projects. Giving you the opportunity to collaborate with stakeholders from across the organisation.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please communicate to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.