Job Title: IT Programme Manager
Location: Rochester. We offer hybrid working arrangements.
Salary: Up to £78,000 depending on skills and experience
What you'll be doing:
- Defining, executing and successfully completing projects and or programmes within the IM&T portfolio
- Monitoring and reporting budgets, resource requirements, managing project change, inter-project dependencies and risk
- Providing monthly update to steering board and contract review boards
- Co-ordinating project closures, lessons learned, knowledge capture and next-step actions so that plans and business cases can be established for the next phases of business change
- Mobilising and building required capability, including the best available resources
- Providing leadership to project and programme-based staff, with management of suppliers, subcontractors and associates where required
- Actively managing the internal customer's expectations through appropriate communications, reporting, assurance and governance
- Shaping and planning projects and or programmes including the overall schedule and governance, with selection and application of appropriate methodologies, processes and tools
- Refining and enhancing project and programme schedules, resources, estimates and costs to complete, and the execution against an agreed schedule, milestones and cost baseline
- Providing project lessons learned and harvesting of reusable collateral (i.e. improved propositions, updated processes, reusable modules)
Your skills and experiences:
- Excellent communication skills and experience in senior and external stakeholder management, having good negotiation and an ability to resolve issues
- Formal Project management qualifications - accredited by APM, PMI or PRINCE
- Experience in managing risks and opportunities to the benefit of the programme
- Knowledge of scheduling and risk software tools (e.g. MS Project, Project Server, Archer, IRIS)
- Good project financial management experience
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Electronic Systems IT team:
Electronic Systems (UK) is investing number of large-scale IM&T programmes to transform the business.
The team is responsible for all business applications, where the main focus is a major ongoing programme for upgrading E-busines system using Oracle. This is one of first companies withing defence that are working on and implementing this move to an Oracle cloud platform.
You will lead this main project will smaller projects alongside as well, so will need to be able to multitask and handle multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to a fast pace environment. Once the project is finished, there could be opportunities for progression within the leadership team to modernise the IT environment.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.