I'm looking for a Technical Tester who is looking to make the jump to work in a supportive company that will offer you the autonomy to invoke the techniques and approaches that you prefer, while providing the support to allow you to develop your own skillset further. Our current broad QA Function is held up by the development team, some of whom come from Testing backgrounds so you will have educated support from the off.
Essentially we are looking for experienced Software Engineers with a focus on testing to join our development team. You will be part of a unit with a focus on automating toolchains for monitoring the quality of the software development, including managing the unit test lifecycle, CI/CD automations and manual testing. We understand the importance of testing over checking and are looking for a successful candidate motivated to take ownership of automation testing.
If you have excellent testing and reporting skills and a passion for working with designers and developers to produce new applications or improving existing ones, we would like to meet you. As an SDET, you'll work closely with our engineers to ensure a consistent and positive user experience.
Ultimately, you should be able to work as part of our team to design and update applications to suit our company's needs. Specifically, your task will be to ensure that bug reports created by our testers are reflected in our automated testing as much as possible. These applications will be used on many different front end clients, from mobile apps, websites, and electric vehicle charge points.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on quality control and consistency
- Build modular testing frameworks for ensuring bug free releases
- Be responsible for considering how testing and automation can become more efficient in our CI/CD pipelines. We are looking for candidates to advise us on their preferred toolchains/frameworks which we can adopt.
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve workflow
- Communicate with the rest of the team in an effective way
- Write tests where required.
- Provide training and support to other members of the team
- Follow emerging technologies
- Proven work experience as a tester within a relevant framework (e.g Jest, Cypress.iO, Webdriver.iO, Playwright e.t.c)
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, testing and deployment)
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.