Do you have a background in pensions or payroll administration? Are you looking for a new challenge where you can learn new skills? If this is you, we would love to hear from you!
We are hiring a Pensions Caseworker to join our fast-paced team in Newport. You will provide a case working service to the National Probation Service client within the Ministry of Justice, delivering specialist services and dealing with pension complaints. You will be the first point of escalation on non-standard events where the Process Assistant lacks the experience to resolve. The role will be hybrid-fixed, which will involve 2 days in the office and the 3 days working from home. We can offer great career progression opportunities and benefits which you can flex to meet your needs.
If you are an outstanding and highly motivated individual with passion and desire to contribute to the positive reputation of our business, we would love to hear from you!
What you'll be doing:
- Putting together casework packs for the National Probation Service
- Managing the email inbox and responding to queries within agreed timeframes
- Preparing and issuing outcome letters to the customer
- You will be responsible for checking evidence provided by the customer, and ensuring it meets the set requirements
- Calculating pensions
- Advise and mentor process assistants and handle more complex pieces of work, and provide training and coaching where required
- Liaise with clients and heads of services on cases or complaints
- Undertake quality assurance for the team’s work within own area of expertise and provide feedback to the team
- Run reports, extract data and analyse the data, as the service requires, often using spreadsheets and statistical techniques
What you’ll bring:
- A strong administration background
- Numeracy skills and able to process complex data
- Good knowledge of MS applications, particularly Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to use initiative and exercise sound judgment
- Articulate and able to develop good working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Able to coach and mentor junior members of a team if required
It would be great if you had:
- Experience within pensions or payroll
- Experience managing casework
If you are interested in this role but not sure if your skills and experience are exactly what we’re looking for, please do apply, we’d love to hear from you!
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we support many ways of working and can offer a range of flexible working arrangements. So, if you’re interested and need to work flexibly, we encourage you to apply and talk to us about what might be possible.
Employment Type: Full-time, permanent
Security Clearance Level: SC
Internal Recruiter: Caroline
Salary: £24,720 inclusive of 3% flex fund
Benefits: 25 days annual leave with the choice to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
Loved reading about this job and want to know more about us?
Shared Services Connected Ltd was established as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria, in 2013 as part of the Government’s Shared Services Strategy for Smarter Government programme and operates from four regional centres of excellence: Blackpool; Newcastle; Newport; and York. We deliver best in class business transformation programmes to across the Public Sector with a target to release one billion pounds of savings to the public.
We have established an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large-scale innovative HR, Payroll, IT, and Finance & Accounting solutions to significantly improve efficiencies and enhance service levels across Government and Public Sector.
Our clients include several government agencies including the Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice and Home Office as well as the Metropolitan Police Service and the Construction Industry Training Board.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.