Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing is one of the UK's leading providers of affordable housing and care and support services. We employ over 1900 people to manage and develop our large portfolio of nearly 56,000 homes serving over 75,000 customers across London, the East Midlands, Southern and the East of England.
As a full-time employee Data Analyst (DA), you will, amongst other duties, deliver technical analysis for a high profile and complex project, supporting large strategic change delivery at MTVH. This role will provide expertise in systems and data analysis, utilising that expertise to undertake data migration. The DA will conduct research to gather, map, document and understand applications and the data contained within the applications. This role is critical to ensure that complex information from applications is understood, issues assessed and prioritised prior to transferring data from one software application to another.
You will provide:
- Expert data analysis in systems and technical data.
- Documentation of technical applications and the data contained within the applications.
- Expert knowledge of data and data mining methodologies
- Technical analysis skills
Core to the delivery is data analysis and documentation of complex applications. Utilising systems expertise and data knowledge together with specialist analysis skills to ensure that data is analysed, and change implemented. This is a pivotal role within the data team and will act as an enabler and informer to produce well-presented analytical insight to support project decision making.
What you'll need to succeed
- Expert working knowledge of technical analysis tools (SQL Developer (e.g., TOAD), SQL modeller, Visio etc
- Advanced expertise of programming languages such as SQL (Microsoft & Oracle), Scripting languages such as Bash, Java, Python etc
- Strong SQL skills, including the ability to write scripts to query relational databases
- Strong technical data analysis skills and production of specifications
- Good working knowledge of all MS Office Products and SQL Server Management Studio
- Significant technical analysis experience in a variety of subject areas in large/complex organisations
- Training and/or relevant qualifications in technical analysis
- Detailed analytical abilities in complex data analysis & environments
- Technical writing skills including data process mapping
- Technical analysis experience within technical project scenarios.
- Strong knowledge of relational database design and management
- Ability to interpret highly complex data, identify trends and provide insight
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-starter with proven experience of working independently
- Experience of working with housing management applications such as Civica?s Universal Housing Transactional and Workflow 2 and NEC Housing, would be an advantage
- High level of direct and relatable business technology experience, or proof of ability to understand business technology applications in detail
- Related IT knowledge and use of packages to achieve analysis and present the outcomes
- Excellent stakeholder management and workshop facilitation skills
- As a minimum, a working knowledge of information security polices, processes and procedures
What you'll get in return
You?ll be working in a fast-paced environment where you can benefit from our comprehensive in-house training to continue developing your skills. We offer excellent benefits, including:
- 28 days annual leave plus public holidays and an additional Belief Day, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days leave
- Healthcare cash plan
- Matched contribution pension scheme (up to 9%)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Salary sacrifice schemes and season ticket loans
- Life assurance scheme
- Paid volunteer days
- Plus, lots of voluntary benefits including cash back and discounts from high street names
All employment decisions at MTVH are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex, or sexual orientation.
We are proud to have been recognised by Disability Confident for our commitment to disabled people and those with long term health conditions by providing fair and equal opportunities for all applicants enabling them to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
Our organisation was built on a simple mission – to give people a safe, secure, and affordable home. That is as true today as it was in the 1950’s, when our founder Molly Huggins established an organisation to provide homes for Windrush migrants in London. Our core purpose is that “everyone should have a home and the chance to live well” To fulfil this vision, we work with partners to make our neighbourhoods – new and old - sustainable and vibrant places, where our customers want to live. We put people at the heart of everything we do and to guide us in every decision we make. Through managing more than 57,000 households we work at a scale that means our actions to achieve this have real impact.
We firmly believe that by serving people better every day, we will support a healthier, better cared for, and more prosperous society in the future. Like our founders before us, we will leave a lasting legacy for future generations. Our colleagues are crucial to our success in achieving this. Therefore, we are committed to investing in colleagues and creating the opportunity for them to develop. Our working environment has been designed to be one that brings out the very best in people.
What you'll get in return
We also offer a wide range of benefits. Please take a look at our benefits document attached.
All employment decisions at MTVH are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.