Business Analyst – Cardiff (Hybrid) - £50,000 plus excellent Benefits
Joining Ogi is a unique opportunity to work within an innovative Welsh business and one of the fastest-growing companies in Wales.
For many years, we've been providing mainstream internet and IT services as Spectrum Internet and Net Support UK. We rebranded to Ogi in 2021 to represent our dedication to Welsh communities and received a significant multi-million-pound investment to deliver a large-scale and ambitious rollout of full fibre internet across South Wales.
We are expanding our team with a newly created role and looking for a Business Analyst who will take the lead on bringing our products to life, as well as analyse, coach, advise and help develop new pricing strategies for the future.
We’re growing across the business and building at a rapid pace, things will change quickly as we grow and this role will make a key difference to the company. You will be reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) and can expect from the outset to be making real contributions on a variety of different projects working across multiple departments and stakeholders.
A background in Telco isn’t a deal breaker; in order to find the best fit we’re open to sector background, and you may come from product, pricing, data, marketing, research, finance, or business analysis, generally we’re looking for the right team fit to advance into an exciting new position.
You’ll be really digging into the details with this role and we're looking for a self-assured decision-maker who has transferable experience, can make decisions about our products and not afraid to make suggestions about how we drive forward.
In terms of background/candidate attributes we’re preferably looking for -
* The ability to articulate an understanding of products and technical solutions.
* Able to identify customer requirements and turn these into deliverable sales opportunities.
* An understanding and relevant experience in a product or pricing role (or transferable).
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills.
* The ability to conduct market research.
* Excellent report-writing skills and the capacity to turn complex data into actionable objectives.
* Critical thinking skills to recommend original and productive ideas.
What you’ll be doing…
In this role you’ll be responsible for our Product Portfolio across Residential, Business & Wholesale - developing product roadmaps, ensuring features are being released on time as well as analysing pricing (price points / market pricing), customer data trends and competitors.
You’ll be managing changes in the process, product definition documentation, and generally being a Subject Matter Expert for our products, coaching on areas of improvement across our products and making sure we’re one step ahead of competitors.
If you’ve worked in a similar type of role at a start-up then you’ll know that listing responsibilities in a role like this is difficult. Day to day will include (but not be limited to):
* Exploratory data analysis - understanding what data exists and asking tons of questions.
* Product change management.
* Formulating ways to package and market products so they become differentiated, compelling, easy to sell, and easy to buy.
* Performing initial product analysis to assess the need for any requested changes and impact.
* Maintenance of product portfolio, ensuring all documentation up to date.
* Evaluate (cost/benefit/return) and implement new products.
* Horizon scan the market to find/recommend future products
* Lead on strategic Product & Pricing projects
* Review of pricing and margins on a regular basis, monthly/quarterly
* Amend pricing as and when required, implementing end to end from training material, system development, internal communications to customer comms, staff training.
* In conjunction with finance oversee pricing tool inputs.
* Support marketing with product materials/website development - ensuring accuracy of product descriptions/benefits and price pertaining to Ogi products.
* Coordinate changes across multiple areas/stakeholders and manage delivery of product into live.
* Maintenance, review and distribution of competitor analysis.
* Development/modelling of new pricing propositions / offers.
* Track market trends
* Meeting regularly with stakeholders, including product developers, marketing, customer service, finance and company heads.
* Planning new features and changes to a product.
* Developing training to support the product.
* Assessing data from a variety of sources to gain insights into pricing strategies and market trends.
* Analyzing competitor pricing and market trends to increase market share and profitability.
* Tracking customer engagement to develop effective pricing strategies for products and offerings.
Please get in touch for a confidential chat; even if you don't consider yourself as ticking all the requirements but you think you'd be a good fit for us, feel free to give us a message.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.