Java Developer - Inside IR35 - 6 months - SC Clearance Needed
As a Java Developer, you will:
- Work as part of a team to deliver features across the technical solution with your focus being on developing Java Spring Boot based microservices
- Advocate for and employ good development practices on the team such as consistent branching strategy, coding standards, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Testing
- Support the technical leads in designing the separation of functional into microservices and the end to end integration and flow between technical components. Support the test automation engineers in testing the stories and features delivered both from a functional and non-functional perspective
- Follow the Scrum Methodology participating actively in sprint backlog refinement, sprint planning, stand-ups, sprint review and sprint retrospective
The following skills and experience are essential for this role:
- Have significant Java programming experience, ideally utilising Spring Boot to develop microservices
- Comfortable using Linux or Unix, Configuration Management tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN, and a modern IDE
- Capable of working in an agile development environment, both as part of a team and individually
- Have experience applying TDD/BDD approaches
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced environment, collaborating with others, contributing to design and estimating discussions and utilising strong stakeholder management skills.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.