Park Royal, London.
ITH Pharma specialises in the provision of Parenteral Nutrition, chemotherapy and CIVAS. Our team provides flexible services with batch and bespoke items for adults, paediatrics and neonates to both NHS and private hospitals. The successful candidate will be joining a forward-thinking organisation where sharing ideas and developing their people is how they have built their success.
We operate an in-house software development team to develop and maintain our in-house bespoke IT systems and further develop and innovate the systems we use.
We are now looking to add to the team with a number of JAVA software developers.
• Reviewing current systems and code base of ITH Pharma’s bespoke systems and other internal applications.
• Working closely with managers and staff.
• Producing detailed specifications and writing efficient code using Java programming along with frameworks like Spring Boot, Hibernate and Apache Wicket.
• Coding to generate downloadable and printable reports using BIRT engine.
• Testing the software in controlled, real situations before going live using tools like JUnit and Selenium.
• Maintaining the systems once they are up and running.
• Modifying software to fix errors, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
• To implement other new key features within differing group companies.
• To improve and fix bugs on in house systems which needs attention.
• To contribute to the tests automation because QA testing alone is not sufficient as they focus more on testing and finding defects in customer workflow or in the full spectrum of application functionality that can be missed with developer-based code testing.
• To test codes to improve Code Coverage and Test Coverage.
• To work with other developers in complex projects that can be divided.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or Information Technology
• 3+ years’ software development or programming commercial experience in Java 7/8.
• Knowledge of object-oriented design principles such as SOLID.
• Knowledge of Spring frameworks (e.g., Spring Boot, Spring Security and Spring Data JPA)
• Knowledge of Java MVC frameworks preferably Wicket and/or Spring Web MVC.
• Knowledge of Test-Driven Development
• Willingness to learn quickly
• Good attention to detail
Experience of the following would be an advantage but is by no means essential. Would be advantageous if candidate have the knowledge/experience of the following:
• Knowledge of DevOps practices
• Knowledge of designing and developing APIs
• Knowledge of Microservices
• Knowledge of containers and orchestration with Docker and Kubernetes
In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, the role is based in North London and is office based.
Please apply now enclosing a copy of your cv and salary expectations.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.