Lookers Group Technology, home based with travel to Altrincham, Manchester
Contract Type: Permanent, Job ref. req11019
Salary between £35k and £45K depending on experience, plus benefitsHere at Lookers we are building up an in-house development team to improve and build upon our existing Websites. We're in the process of implementing new collaborative ways of working within our team, and with our stakeholders and colleagues across the organisation, and we are looking for people to join us as Web Developers who are ready to bring ideas and energy to help us drive our improvements. We are pleassed to be able to offer a flexible approach to where this role is based as long as you are able to travel to our Altrincham Head Office for meetings and collaboration.
As part of the Core Website Team you will:
- Be responsible for key site functionality and input into new technical design
- Understand and practice coding standards and recommending / implementing new technologies as the opportunities arise
- Engage with stakeholders when required to further detail initial requirements
- Code review and support other team members work
- Deliver code which is well tested and consistently error free
- Be part of a team of software developers and testers responsible for developing and supporting robust and innovative software solutions
- Keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies
- Interpret business requirements and build them into working solutions
- Social versatility and an ability, be good at communicating within their team any slippage or blockage for work they are involved with (gets on with different types of people)
- Someone who can respond and be flexible to changing business needs and has the ability to influence and challenge where appropriate
- Strong attention to detail, time management and organisation skills
- Strong knowledge of a framework such as React, Node js
- Azure Cloud knowledge
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Good understanding of back-end integrations and API development
- Strong understand of relational databases such as SQL
- Jira / Bitbucket / MS DevOps / Git
If you also have the following skills that would be a bonus:
- Good understanding of Web Performance and Optimisation
- ASP .NET
- Understand of test automation and testing approaches
- Experience in working with infrastructure as code and configuration management
We firmly believe that our people are our most valuable asset. We value the commitment they make to the business which is why we are continually working to provide a market leading rewards and benefits package.
- Competitive salaries with clear pay scales in place as you develop
- Generous annual leave allowance that increases with length of service
- Eligibility to join one of our colleague car plans and cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced maternity leave, adoption leave (6 months full pay) and paternity leave (2 weeks full pay)
- Critical illness cover after 2 years plus life assurance and free will writing service
- Techscheme where you can get the latest tech for less and spread the cost, Eyecare scheme and Discounted shopping vouchers
- Employee assistance programme and free access to Smart Health giving all employees and their immediate families access to 24/7 GP service to support wellbeing
Lookers and Charles Hurst are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to a working environment that is free from discrimination, is inclusive, and empowers our people to bring their whole self to work and reach their full potential.
If your application is successful, we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you commencing employment with us. These will include verifying your recent employment, address, credit history and a standard criminal record check. For roles that require you to drive a driver's licence check will also be carried out.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.
Why not check us out on LinkedIn to find out what life's really like at Lookers.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.