Global IT Project / Business Information Manager - Manufacturing
Permanent or Contract
We are a world leader in advanced materials development and production. We produce a wide range of specialist, high specification materials that have extraordinary attributes and properties. Despite the complexity of our technologies, our focus is simple – we supply innovative, differentiated products made from advanced materials which enable our customers’ products to perform more efficiently, more reliably and for longer
Key Figures: Revenue £910m (2020), ~7,500 employees, manufacturing in 30+ countries, and customers in 100+ countries. A UK PLC with head office located in Windsor, Berkshire UK. Listed on London Stock Exchange; Member of the FTSE 250 Index.
GLOBAL IT OVERVIEW
IT has recently been restructured into a global support function within Morgan. This means IT will service the GBUs and Functions from a single integrated organisation, as opposed to having multiple IT organisation in the company. The purpose of this change is to strengthen the IT Capability within Morgan to drive value from digital solutions. In line with this new set-up, strategic roadmaps are being defined that translate into programme and project roadmaps to deliver the actual value in the coming years.
OVERVIEW & SCOPE OF ROLE:
Key responsibility is shaping and delivering Analytics programmes and projects on time, within budget and scope. The Project Manager will work closely with, and support the IT Leadership Team, the Analytics Towers and business to ensure Morgan delivers on the Analytics Roadmap.
- Experience in a programme / project management role in a global organisation.
- Experience delivering Analytics projects in manufacturing environments.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing KPIs, ERP systems and engineering applications
- Experience managing global Finance transformation projects would be an advantage
- Experience with data visualization and presentation platform - Qlik View or Qlik Sense is a plus
- Knowledge and experience of outsourcing services and contracts with Global IT providers
COMPETENCIES OF ROLE
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organisation; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Planning - Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Decision Quality - Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
For more information and an informal discussion please register your interest now.
Morgan Advanced Materials is an EEO/AA/M/W/D/V Employer.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.