On-site Support Service Engineer
Location: Bristol Airport
At Content+Cloud we help our clients to succeed and to transform the way their businesses operate, the way their users work, and provide them with flexible and secure platforms with which to do it.
Our portfolio of Professional and Managed Services enables our clients to truly leverage the power of Microsoft’s three clouds: Microsoft 365, Azure and Dynamics 365.
As our reputation has grown over the years, we’ve been able to attract exceptionally talented individuals. Whether they are a world-renowned technology specialist or a highly skilled member of a 24/7support team, all our people are driven by a desire to deliver success for our clients.
The key deliverables of an On-site Support Services Engineer are to provide technical and network support on one of our key client sites in the Bristol area. Working with internal and external stakeholders and provide an escalation path for network issues. This can include incidents; problems; requests or change control depending on the client and end user requirements. The engineer must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as exceptional analytical and technical skills and continually look to improve on this. In addition, they need to collaborate with the entire operations team with positive communication and sharing of knowledge and information. The On-site Support Services Engineer must can work on their own or as part of a small team representing the values and objectives of Content + Cloud.
Generic Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond appropriately and deal with queries or complaints in an effective manner (i.e. punctual; polite and with empathy).
- Take ownership of tickets allocated to them or their relevant Virtual team (“VT”) ticket queue and professionally manage them through to resolution or escalation.
- Ask targeted questions and apply accurate troubleshooting.
- Contribute fully as an active team member and ensure personal and team objectives are achieved.
- Collaborate with other teams to maintain standards and functionality.
- Maintain a professional relationship with clients and peers.
- Utilise excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations.
- Mentor and provide support to colleagues when working in Team on client sites.
- Manage and undertake small projects outside of PMO activities with small teams of On-site engineers. Assess and Report potential client facing risks.
- Report customer feedback and potential product request.
- Maintain a personal development plan with Line management. Collaborate with other teams to maintain standards and functionality.
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned by management.
- Availability during your shift hours (which may incur shift & desk rotation). Hours may include an On-call and Call-out component.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and support a wide range of systems.
- Initiate, update, approve and maintain knowledge articles and ensure SLAs are met.
Support Services Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of tickets assigned to you or your relevant VT ticket queue within the required agreed SLA’s. Prioritise and manage several open tickets at one time.
- Apply a high degree of attention to detail. Effective troubleshooting skills related to your relevant area of support.
- Take ownership of technical escalation.
- Contribute to and improve internal knowledgebase, assets.
- Refer to internal knowledgebase, assets, internal/external resources to provide accurate solution.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to clients. Direct unresolved issues to technical specialist (within your VT) or incident management (outside our VT) for technical escalation.
- Requires a level of supervision, however possesses the aptitude to work independently.
- Attend client and third-party CAB calls. Work with key stakeholders from third party suppliers.
Location and Environment
This role will be based out of our client sites in the Bristol area.
At Content+Cloud we look for a particular kind of person. Someone who likes nothing better than helping others to achieve their goals. Someone who is driven by a desire to go the extra mile for our clients, focusing on the little things that make a big difference. Someone who loves technology, not for its own sake, but for what it can deliver – in terms of organisation.
This is the real Content+Cloud difference: the mindset of our people.
We see every client challenge as an opportunity for fresh thinking, and every client journey as an adventure.
Required Skills and Capabilities
Demonstrable Experience and Desired Qualifications
On-site Support Services Engineer – Some experience in a role inclusive of technologies studied and actively supporting
- Active Directory, Windows Server, Office 365, Cloud, Microsoft Productivity Solution
- CCNA, MCSA Windows 10, VMWare, VOIP, Bitdefender, Exchange
- Mimecast, Cisco Meraki
- Switching – HP, Cisco, Juniper
- Firewalls – Cisco ASA, Juniper, Firepower
- Cisco ISE, Cisco and HP wireless LAN controllers
- Network diagnosis CLI and GUI, Mobility, Aerohive, WAN (MPLS, VPLS, Internet)
Salary dependent on experience
Working 40 hours (Monday - Friday, UK hours)
Role based out of our client sites in the Bristol Area
25 days’ annual leave
Multiple HIIT, general fitness, yoga and meditation classes run virtually each week! (In addition to other wellness events and other social activities...)
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
Content+Cloud is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent regardless of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or criminal history. As part of our compliance requirements, we do undertake background checks which, dependant on levels of security required for the role or client assignment, may include a criminal record check. Please do let us know if you would like more details on the level of checks for the specific role you are applying to.
We are happy to provide any reasonable adjustments you may need to ensure you feel you have the best experience across our selection process and future employment, for any support on this please email us.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.