Morson Talent are recruiting for a leading telecommunications company in the UK, resulting in a 3-month contract opportunity for an experienced, highly motivated network designer with proven experience in IP networks and Media & Broadcast systems. This person will be skilled in requirements analysis and in the production of customer solution designs. The candidate will be able to deliver designs in a high pressure environment and will work closely with customers and suppliers as well delivery and operational teams to ensure a successful deployment to agreed timescales.
The candidate will have an excellent working knowledge of MPLS / IP networking and understanding of broadcasting technologies including video coding, multiplex and audio systems is desired. Experience with working with Juniper core routing / cisco routing equipment would be very desirable.
- Ideally B.Eng / M.Eng Degree or JNCIS / JNCIP level qualification or equivalent in various vendor areas.
Skills & Experience
The candidate will be able to show clearly the skills and experience outlined below:
- Must have a proven track record of small to medium Network Design and solutions.
- Must have an excellent knowledge of network technologies such as MPLS / IP, BGP, OSPF, Multicasting (pt to multipoint within a VPN), Class of Service with the ability to produce High level & Low level Design utilising various vendor equipment such as Juniper, Cisco and Adva. This will cover all stages of the design delivery milestones from initial design impact assessments, high level designs, low level designs, design governance, architecture and security conformance, test & delivery support to achieve business objectives and benefits realisation.
- Have an appreciation with the relevant SMPTE 2022 standards on Video over IP standards associated with the carriage (encapsulation, encoding / decoding) of Video and Audio signals into IP.
- Experience of supporting ITT, Vendor Selection and winning new business activities from a Design perspective.
- Able to be a lead contributor individually providing direction to others.
- Must have an appreciation on Software Defined Networks and the Appropriate Control, Planning and monitoring systems that could be used to configure end to end video flows across an MPLS Network
- The individual will also have a detailed understanding on audio coding mechanisms.
- To provide in a mentoring-type role and be seen as the Subject Matter Expert within Media and Broadcast on the M&B media solutions.
- Input to and develop yearly network and service roadmaps, development and deployment engineering plans both from a technology and a capacity standpoint.
- To continually drive for outstanding Customer Service and Satisfaction, and engender and lead an absolutely customer focused approach to doing business.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.