We are looking for a UI Developer to join one of our development teams.
You'll be working on Fabric, our digital publishing platform serving over 60 million unique users per month with great content from our brands. We use a variety of tools to help us deliver the right experience for our users at scale, considering best practice accessibility, performance and SEO. Our frontend stack includes multiple applications using React.
Reporting to the team's Scrum Master, the successful candidate will be expected to develop, maintain, and support our digital products in accordance with the business and technology objectives.
We believe in a good work-life balance and offer a great working environment including:
- Fortnightly Development Day
- Skilled teams with strong collaboration and mentoring attitude
- Training and in-house workshops
- Your choice of operating system (Windows or Mac) and development environment
- Social Events including Summer and Christmas parties
- Casual dress, friendly people within a relaxed atmosphere
- HTML and CSS/SASS
- Understanding of web standards, accessibility and performance
- Build tools, such as Webpack
- Unit testing
- Git and NPM/Yarn to manage your work and dependencies
- Great communication skills with colleagues and stakeholders.
Areas of Beneficial Interest (not essential):
- Agile working principles
- CSS methodologies such as BEM
- Next.js, or similar
- Developer tooling, such as Babel and Lerna
- Working with a design system/component library
- Automated testing, e.g. end-to-end tests
- AWS / Docker / Jenkins
We know that flexibility is key to success and our people work flexibly in many different ways, so if this is important to you please let us know.
GCS Computer Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.