With their headquarters in London and offices throughout the UK and worldwide our client provides information solutions and services for various sectors including the government, defence, healthcare, education and retail sector.
With over 20,000 employees and a solid reputation they are a great company to be a part of and looking for a Java Developer to work remotely just visiting the Croydon based client site once a month or bi-monthly.
The Role - Java Developer
You will be working in a team of 8 developers in an Agile environment, there are 4 teams in total working the standard 37.5 hours a week and there is a 1 in 4 weekly rotation for being on call.
This is working on an ongoing government project and you will need to be eligible for SC Clearance so that the company can pay for and obtain this for you to work on the projects.
As the Java Developer you will......
- Design, implement and unit test feature and capability code for critical application
- Investigate, diagnose and fix defects identified across the application estate
- Prepare release candidates and update deployment charts for progression to higher environments
- Support investigations and RCA on unexpected and undesirable behaviours related to application code
- Conducting testing of program and software applications
- Organizing and maintaining documentation of application development and revisions
- Collaborating with teammates, other service providers, vendors, and users to develop new programming methods
- Participate in a 1 in 4 weekly on-call rotation providing additional support for release schedules
- Java Developer - 5+ years Java programming experience including Spring Boot
- Experience of Groovy + Grails
- Experience with RESTful services
- Strong ability to manage competing priorities and communication to multiple stakeholders
- Experience working in an on-call team rotation to support deployments
- Experience of Kubernetes + Helm
- Experience of Docker
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.