Turn IT on are looking for and enthusiastic and motivated person who has a real flair for technology mixed with a passion for providing exemplary customer service to join our expanding Southeast team.
The successful candidate will cover the Reading, Wokingham, Laleham area helping schools improve the standard of their ICT provisions and enable them to deliver effective teaching and learning through ICT solutions. You will facilitate communication between your schools and turn IT on keeping them up to date with what services turn IT on can offer and manage the accounts of your customers. You will be confident and competent in maintaining school computer equipment, install new and existing software across the network, provide technical support for users and resolve identified technical problems. You will also have knowledge of common user applications and good experience of using Microsoft Office365.
IT Support Technician Responsibilities:
- Resolve technical problems as quickly as possible
- Ensure that backup is working and complete a test recovery
- Ensure on-going technical problems are logged and tracked in the correct system
- Feedback to the school progress at the end of each visit
- Ensure that all server recovery material that are required to recover server are readily available at the school and kept in a safe and secure place
- Ensure school details are entered on the correct system and server details are kept up to date
- If technically possible, ensure the remote log in software is installed on server and that turn IT on account is on the server.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience in working in a previous ICT Technician/2nd Line support role preferably in the education sector although not essential.
- You will be passionate about IT with a strong technical background, be self-motivated and enjoy providing excellent customer service.
- This role requires you to be a team player, have strong communication and organisation skills along with a courteous manner with the ability to explain technical issues in layman’s terms to our customers.
- You should be able to work independently and have an aptitude for problem solving and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve services provided by your team.
- You must be educated to at least GCSE/A Level or similar
- The role is offered on either a full-time basis and successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS and safeguarding checks.
- Due to the location of schools, you must be able to drive and have your own vehicle.
turn IT on provides a comprehensive range of hands-on ICT and computing support, MIS support, GDPR services and consultancy and training to over 900 schools across the Southeast of England. We put schools and their needs first, taking care of all their technology needs so that they can get on with teaching and learning.
turn IT on is a friendly and supportive place to work where people feel trusted and respected and we are proud of the diversity and flexibility that we have and the breadth of skills and experience of our staff.
turn IT on is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees to share this commitment.
Happy to talk flexible working.
Location: Surrey (covering Reading, Wokingham, Laleham area)
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 8.00am - 5.00pm
Salary: £21,000 - £28,000
Benefits include: Pension scheme, Eye care voucher scheme, Cycle Scheme, Mental Health First Aid and Employee Assistance Programme.
You may have experience of the following: IT Technician, IT Consultant, ICT Technician, ICT Consultant, IT Support Technician, IT Engineer, IT Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, Technical Support, Systems Administrator, Customer Service, etc.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.