Roke is a world-class technology and engineering consultancy. Roke delivers advanced research, development services and products to high profile customers who come to Roke with varied and challenging problems to solve.
We work directly with our clients to help achieve a safe and secure world by supporting the Public Sector and Law Enforcement sectors. Public Sector is built on the three pillars of Technology, Innovation and Excellence.
We are different to other companies because we focus on the “Business Unusual” and are unashamedly technically curious. Our world class innovation & technologic heritage and advanced intelligent insight enables our Consultants to deliver strategic advice, analysis, architecture and engineering capabilities to shape and deliver the most technically and business complex problems.
The ability to produce and implement robust analysis to support solutions for our customers is of primary importance for the business. Understanding the customer’s organisational strategy, in addition to business analysis and client roadmaps, are vital in helping us achieve that.
We are looking for experienced Business Analysts with proven track records in eliciting requirements and supporting the development/procurement of cutting edge services in both waterfall and agile methodologies. The business analysis role is a key role in helping our clients understand their stakeholders, elicit requirements and help craft the services they deliver to meet their needs.
We have a wide range of opportunities, so your role will vary depending on your existing experience, our clients’ needs and your aspirations. You will work with stakeholders at multiple levels across a variety of tasks, which could be generating evidence to support business change and implementation, drive continuous business improvement and assisting in the definition and implementation of holistic solutions for our clients.
The role will also include
- Business Analysts are involved in some of the most cutting edge and complex technology programs within one or more of our client-side teams. If you have the experience, you could also provide leadership to junior members of staff and interacting with stakeholders during the programme lifecycle.
- This role will expand your abilities through working alongside our wealth of specialists including other business analysts, architects, data scientists and software engineers on various projects, from rapidly prototyped research right through to high grade enterprise systems.
- The role will require a significant amount of time being spent at client sites predominantly in London but may also include clients in Cheltenham and Gloucester. Whilst with clients you will be encouraged to recognise and highlight opportunities for the business to help facilitate strategic growth.
- You will be comfortable extracting client requirements and ensuring that business and technological benefits are clearly defined and appropriately quantified as outcomes.
- Implementing consultancy and or analytical approaches with Business and Customer Goals, identifying Benefits and approaches to managing dependencies and mitigation of risk.
- Be part of the technical solution/development team, to assist with best practice and development of technical solutions for clients.
- Support account and project managers in winning new work and delivering quality and assured deliverables/work to clients.
- Manage risks and issues related to taskings in order to resolve them in-time without impacting delivery schedule.
Person Specification - Knowledge, Skills & Experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Demonstrable experience in delivering business analysis and or consultancy projects, ideally within the UK Government and Law Enforcement arena.
- Knowledge of and practical experience working on projects using different delivery methodologies such as Agile, SaFE, Waterfall etc.
- Able to integrate and successfully work within multi-disciplinary teams both onsite and offsite in client facing engagement.
- Experience of acting as the bridge between clients, stakeholders, technical and non-technical teams.
Personal Skills we care about:
Assertiveness, Innovation, Communication, Negotiation and conflict Management, Facilitation, Presentation Influencing, relationship building
Business Skills we would like you to have:
Domain Knowledge, Generic business understanding (how organisations and finances operate – business acumen)
Professional Skills we are likely to assess
- Agile development
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Case development
- Data Modelling
- Environment Analysis
- Gap Analysis
- Problem definition
- Process modelling
- Requirements Engineering
- Stakeholder Management
- System Requirements Specification
- User Acceptance testing
- User Role modelling
What we can offer you?
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance employee assistance program and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits including amongst others childcare vouchers, flexi-leave (up to 8 days per year), travel insurance and dental care.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, innovative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to either hold or be eligible to achieve SC and or DV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV. We will provide assistance transferring your clearance, as well as, pay a high level clearance bonus.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.