IT Linux Engineer - £27,000 - £29,000 – 12 Month Fixed Term
Role: IT Linux Engineer
Field: IT/IT Support/Lunux Engineer
Reporting to: Head of IT
Location: Wallingford , Lancaster or Edinburgh
Salary: £27,000 - £29,000
Benefits: 27 days holiday allowance + bank holidays, lifestyle schemes, flexible working , 15% pension (10% Employers Contribution / 5% employee contribution) excellent on site facilities and many more!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a IT Linux Engineer to join a leading R&D on a 12 month fixed term basis.
- Support the delivery of a stable science computing infrastructure to ensure that it is efficient, effective and can adapt to changing circumstances.
- Build, configuration, administration and support of science computing technologies such as: HPC Linux servers, desktops and laptops, storage, networking, physical infrastructure, software, and virtual and cloud computing.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Act as support escalation point from the IT Support Team.
- Routine maintenance tasks for science computing systems such as backups and patch management.
- Monitoring and capacity working load planning for a variety of platforms and environments and recommending changes and enhancements for the continued service improvements.
- Coordinate and work on multiple cross-functional initiatives and projects.
- Support other IT areas as required, including project based tasks
- Experience of working in a High Performance Computing and Linux based environment
- Hands-on experience with a variety of proprietary and open source Linux UNIX varieties
- Providing server and storage expertise in a complex and demanding Linux environment utilising a range of infrastructures.
- Project management skills – roll-outs, upgrades, migrations, implementations, etc.
- Understanding of Network infrastructure .
To apply to this fantastic opportunity, please send across an up to date CV or call Jerry Hayman ASAP!
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Suitable applicants for this role will be contacted. If you do not hear back within 4 working days, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to view the website for alternative opportunities.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.