Our client is based in Cardiff, and are an award-winning specialist provider of digital services, websites and software applications to the sports industry. They are in search of a Software Engineer to join their team. Trusted by some of the biggest names in sport, since 2002 they have been working with leading rights-holders including the Six Nations, Premiership Rugby, Tour of Britain Cycling, International Motorsport, Aberdeen FC and World Sailing to deliver cutting edge online experiences for their fans.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Be able to take a holistic view of a project, understanding that code is only complete once it's pushed live.
- Be adaptable to change and will know how to plan for all eventualities.
- Ideally 2-3 years commercial experience developing software in either Python, GO or PHP (and have some exposure to the others)
- Solid understanding of computing fundamentals (e.g. logic, data structures & algorithms, networks stack) along with strong software design skills, including OOP
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience working on different types of projects such as API, web, serverless, data processing, etc
- Confident discussing requirements with stakeholders
- Proven experience of writing deliverable code
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience building for a cloud native environment
- Experience building micro-service architectures
- Experience building event-driven system
- Secure coding practices
- Experience working on the Linux command line
- Option to work remotely
Reference: (phone number removed)
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website (url removed) for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunites we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.