We are looking to recruit for an infrastructure engineer to work within cloud computing that will allow our client to consolidate disparate IT systems, bring process automation, and provide the foundations for Digital Transformation. To begin this transformation, they are seeking an experienced cloud engineer with expertise in the strategy, design, development, and implementation of large-scale projects in the cloud. The ideal candidate will be experienced in cloud-based tech, with a firm grasp of emerging cloud technologies, platforms, and applications with the ability to leverage them to help our client become more digitally capable, innovative, and effective. Extensive knowledge of cloud solutions, experience managing projects, and preferably public sector knowledge are key to delivering the IT plan and Digital Strategy. From day one, you will have an immediate impact on the vision of our IT operations, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth of the Business.
- Work with our network and server engineering teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions.
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines, working with the IT Security Manager.
- Develop and implement technical efforts to design, build, and deploy cloud applications at the direction of the Head of ICT.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle for cloud solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance.
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures.
- The migration from On-Premise to Cloud hosted for compute and storage requirements.
- The adoption and implementation of a cloud first approach to new software solutions and platforms.
- The education of other departments on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Clear guidance, direction, and the development of the userbase in building cloud competencies.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or relevant industry experience.
- Experience of architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on cloud platforms.
- Experience in several of the following areas: database architecture, business intelligence, big data, machine learning, advanced analytics.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST, and RPC are advantageous.
- Proven effectiveness in managing and developing cloud-based solutions.
- Experience of working across departments in a large organisation.
- Previous experience of creating and delivering training for cloud products.
- Experience of managing projects and working with a small team focused on delivery.
- Ability to present technical solutions to a variety of audiences and communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Excellent organisational skills including demonstrable ability to plan and deliver projects to time and budget.
- A good eye for detail and willingness to see processes through.
- Positive attitude to working with teams.
- The ability to speak Welsh is desirable.
The company are offering an 18 month fixed term contract.
35 hours per week
27 days plus one privilege day at Christmas and 8 bank holidays
Some remote working may be an option.
The post is subject to a probationary period of 6 months
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.