At Bracken Recruitment our Dublin City Centre based client is looking to employ an experienced IT Business Analyst, with proven project management skills as well as proven business analytics and data skills, to develop, improve and enhance their data and core application systems that are in use to manage their product portfolio.
You will be working for the IT department, who are part of a Corporate Services team, offering business analyst services to the company, managing several business intelligence, data maturity and systems implementation projects and streams, partnering with the business and IT team, and sharing your expert knowledge and skills in these areas.
You will be working with an IT team of 10 staff, including one other business analyst, as well as external role players and specialists.
▪ Act as an interface between the business and the IT Department, as a subject matter expert and technical lead, on key projects and initiatives focused on implementation.
▪ Responsible for the integration of platforms and custom applications as well as providing user support, testing and development for the applications in use.
▪ Support the business by performing ad hoc database and system queries to provide meaningful reports to relevant stakeholders.
Business Requirements & Functional Specifications
▪ Evaluate stakeholder needs; analyse business requirements; produce functional specifications and develop software solutions to meet the business needs as per IT department standards, policies, and procedures.
▪ Elicit, discover, and document business requirements from relevant stakeholders.
▪ Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests into wants and needs.
▪ Conduct formal cost/benefit analysis of business requirements.
▪ Identify, produce and document a functional specification by analysing business requirements and using knowledge of computer capabilities, programming language and logic.
▪ Produce a functional specification that will result in a system capable of meeting the needs of the agreed business requirements.
For more information, please submit your CV and Karen will be in touch if you have the right skillset.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.