Senior Financial Crime Manager based in Edinburgh - Contract till October 2021 - UMB £506 per day
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a global powerhouse in digital transformation supporting some of UKS businesses. We are currently recruiting for a Senior Financial Crime Manager based in Edinburgh on a contract basis.
The key objective of the Financial Crime Senior Manager is to embed and maintain a culture of Financial Crime Risk awareness throughout the business account, while contributing to the development of the financial crime risk management operating model, projects, systems, and processes. The Financial Crime Senior Manager will provide support and leadership across teams based primarily on sites, and as a key subject matter expert, will contribute to financial crime advice, guidance, and direction of relevant financial crime functions.
- Oversight and challenge of the embedded Financial Crime framework, tools, and mechanisms to be deployed in supporting effective financial crime regulatory compliance and risk management across the account.
- Providing advice and support to projects and systems developments on financial crime risk, processes, and control techniques, ensuring regulatory AML compliance and the effective fraud risk management.
- Contributing to the assessment/development of the Financial Crime strategy for the relevant business units to ensure consistency and supports Financial Crime policy and practice through the provision of advice, guidance, and effective reporting
- Providing financial crime advice and analysis in relation to relevant business initiatives, bespoke projects, transactions, and investigations to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations
- Supporting the identification potential of actual financial crime risks and ensure appropriate escalation, remediation, and mitigation to manage risks back within appetite
- Providing leadership and advice/contribution to other financial crime team members within the business.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Must have experience in a regulated industry, preferably Life & Pensions
- Financial crime policy, legislation, regulations (JMLSG, Counter Terrorist Financing and Proceeds of Crime legislation etc.).
- The ability to display a pragmatic approach to problem solving and decision making within a regulatory framework.
- Commercial awareness, outsourcing and client engagement
- Business Process Services.
- Experience of handling multiple complex projects.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now on (phone number removed) and ask for Sonal Patel.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.