Contract Embedded Software Developer based in the Edinburgh area, working for a well-respected global Manufacturer of Power Solutions. Excellent rates and long contract duration
Position: Contract Embedded Software Developer
Location: Edinburgh region of Scotland
Products: Electric vehicle power train O/S
Company: Well respected global Manufacturer
Rates: Excellent rates and long contract duration
The primary objective of this role is to help deliver the operating system (O/S) for a ground-breaking electric drive train used to power commercial vehicles
To do this the Contract Embedded Software Developer will be required to:
- Orientate quickly into the business to understand the business, it’s products and application, the O/S and the various team interactions
- Develop a keen sense of cultural and matrix style management in order to operate in this diverse and multi-faceted environment
- Ensure the O/S has the speed necessary for its application
- Maximise compliance of the tools supported by the O/S
- Work within a continuous build and integration environment.
To maximise your opportunity to create value and benefit from this dynamic growing and exciting business, it is expected you will already have experience in a similar role, having accumulated skills and experience such as:
- A degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Experience of complex embedded Software development using C
- A strong understanding of microcontroller and memory architectures, and on-chip and off-chip peripherals.
- Familiarity with hardware debug tools such as debuggers (JTAG)/protocol analysers/Oscilloscopes/Multi-meters/etc.
- The ability to operate cross-fuctionally in a matrix style organisation
This is an incredibly exciting time to join this project working with a successful, growing, dynamic and respected organisation who manufacture their products in over 40 different countries and who operate in more than 100. You can expect an autonomous working environment with recognition for meeting your objectives; the opportunity participate in other projects. In addition it is expected the project will last at least two years ensuring security in a uncertain time.
So, if you can demonstrate delivering consistently high results, you wish to work in an autonomous friendly environment and have the relevant skill set for a challenging project like this, then we would like to hear from you now.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.