Do you want to work for a top 10 telecoms business and top 50 UK business - they really look after their employees
My client is looking for an IT Field Engineer
Main Purpose of Role: You would be joining a team of IT engineers providing remote & onsite for small and medium enterprise customers, based Edinburgh and the surrounding areas. This will include troubleshooting and installations for varying sizes of customers and enterprises across various sectors.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Travel to customer's sites and provide support and/or installation services for a wide-ranging set of IT infrastructures.
- Undertake onsite surveys and audits for a range of solutions (networking, server, wireless, cabling).
- Manage customer documentation
- Provide remote & telephone support for first/second line queries to customers from our Edinburgh office.
- Experience in an IT support role.
- Most hold a full valid UK driving license.
- Ideally worked on previously in a managed service environment.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Ability to be flexible, as you may be required to start early / finish late, or stayover, on some larger projects.
- Experience in support and installing Windows Server & Desktop OS, Exchange, Office 365 and other standard Microsoft packages.
- Experience in installing and manage basic networking equipment (Routers & Wireless).
- Knowledge in any of these areas would be advantageous but not essential.
- Experience with Mac OS X, Linux & Android
- Experience with Cisco firewalls and switches.
- Experience with SQL, VOIP, SANS,
- Experience in supporting and install complex networking equipment (firewalls, managed switches, VPN appliances, wireless)
- Experience with VLANs, Hyper V, VM Ware and other virtual technologies
- Experience with cloud technology.
- Company laptop & mobile provided
- Paid overtime available
- Transport allowance or company vehicle
This is a full time position with regular travel to customers sites across Scotland. Hours are 9.00 - 5.00, Monday to Friday. 28 days a year holiday including bank holidays.
If you are skilled to be able to handle this work. Please apply on-line today
We do not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
We act as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.