Ogi is on a mission to power up life online for homes, businesses and communities across South Wales, installing real fibre right up to your doorstep.
We’ve been operating as Spectrum Internet and Net Support UK for many years, providing mainstream internet and IT services. In October 2020, we secured landmark multi-million-pound funding to deliver a large-scale and ambitious rollout of full fibre broadband across South Wales.
We’re powering a digital revolution, building a new internet experience for communities we believe deserve better than they currently get. We’ve set our sights on something bigger and have rebranded to reflect our ambitions to power up South Wales’ digital infrastructure for the future.
We believe that joining Ogi is a unique opportunity to work within an innovative Welsh business and one of the fastest-growing companies in Wales. Until now, the pace of levelling up Wales’s broadband infrastructure has been too slow - So we plan to speed things up.
We’re looking for a Junior IT Systems Support person to join our team and hold responsibility for the day-to-day support of the internal IT systems, both in cloud and desktop environments as well as end-user / desktop support.
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious Junior IT Support person to assist with the onboarding and end-user support of a broad range of IT systems within the business. Working under the direction of the IT Manager, this role is ideally suited to someone looking to grow into an IT role and develop a broad-based understanding of business IT systems in a technology-focussed company.
Ideally, we’re looking for someone with good communication and problem-solving skills, as well as
* Any previous experience in an IT Support position or similar
* An understanding of IT/IP infrastructure and networks, LAN & WAN Networking, Routing, Switching & Firewalls
* Any experience working with SLAs
* Good customer service skills
You should have a natural interest in new and emerging technologies and staying ahead of the curve. We’re a Microsoft Gold Partner and you’ll have the opportunity to learn and progress your skillset including things like Microsoft 365, Azure and Linux virtual environments.
We’re also looking for people who have an IT-related degree, or a CompTIA Network +, CCNA or equivalent networking certification (though this isn't essential for this roles).
What you’ll be doing…
You will be working hands-on with a wide range of technologies across a broad range of both infrastructure, cloud and networking, with a focus on end-user support within the business.
The Junior IT Support Engineer responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* Day-to-day management of company devices (PCs, laptops, tablets, mobiles etc) via our Device management Solution, including inventory management and RMA repair processes
* Providing technical support to end-users in the use of company systems and solutions
* Diagnose and resolve issues with business systems, liaising with the IT Manager and other technical experts from the Business Solutions and Network Operations Teams as well as third-party vendors and solution providers.
* Assist with onboarding of new systems and applications, including engaging with business change/service adoption processes
Please get in touch for a confidential chat, or to see the full job description. If you don't consider yourself as ticking all of the requirements but you think you'd be a good fit for us feel free to message for a chat too.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.