Key responsibilities include-
· Ensure that the Datacentre is as tidy as possible at all times and meets with the contractual expectations of all customers and service requirements
· General Data Centre housekeeping tasks such as cable management, decommissioning and audits
· Identify operational problems, implement improvements and response to incidents in line with internal procedures
· Ensure a high level of physical security in line with Daisy’s ISO 27001 certification and Information Security Management System
· Ensure that any Health and Safety and all Security procedures are complied with
· Follow and adhere to robust access control process and procedures for customers, Daisy employees and third parties. Observe and assist with the site security enforcement
· Perform tape changes, system monitoring, environment monitoring, remote / smart hands activities on behalf of customers, third parties and other Daisy technical teams as required
· Perform IMAC (installs, moves and changes) within the Data Centres
· Maintain and monitor software repositories where required, ensuring accurate data entry and prompt response to any alarm events
Assist with the installation and implementation of customer equipment, customer tests or project support where required
Respond to equipment faults and customer support calls
Initiate and progress warranty or fault-repair equipment work as necessary
Document all work done within a full change control system
Maintain accurate records of internal IT infrastructure (i.e. patching, switches, capacity awareness)
Travel to other Daisy Data Centre locations as required.
Where applicable, carry out building checks and perform uptime maintenance where required
Be part of an on-call rota and perform out of hours tasks if required.
Maintain Critical Spares for the Data Centre
Assist with day-to-day operations within the Datacentre environment
Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
Periodically review Daisy Security Policies – centrally hosted on the Intranet - to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
Carry out any ‘ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.