Marsden Building Society has an exciting opportunity available for an IT Support Operator to join our team based in Nelson, Lancashire (with flexibility to work from home). You will join us on a full time, permanent basis in return for a competitive salary of £20,280 - £25,560 per annum plus benefits and additional remuneration linked to organisational performance.
Why the Marsden?
Our five core values define what we’re all about and what makes us tick:
- Make a lasting impression – leave people better than you found them
- Proud of our past and excited by our future – make sustainable decisions that last for generations
- Passionate about people – be warm, straight talking and genuine
- Work together – be a team player, celebrate success, be supportive and give your all
- Deliver on promises – if we say we’ll do it, we will
As our IT Support Operator, you will support the IT function in delivering a service that meets both the business objectives and regulatory requirements. You will provide first to third line support and administer various IT systems to provide a high-quality IT Service whilst liaising with external IT service providers to resolve any managed service issues.
Responsibilities of our IT Support Operator include:
- Processing jobs required for the efficient operation of the IT department such as password re-sets, telephone support, technical queries and general IT admin
- Providing first to third line support on any IT related issues that may arise
- Supporting IT and Business change projects as required
- Producing reports and data extracts on request from end users utilising Excel to ensure user requirements met within set timescale
- Various areas will have MI requirements and you will need to produce reports on customer insights data for inclusion in board papers and other reports
- System Configuration including creating products for internal departments and external Brokers/Customers
- Supporting the Business with a variety of technical developments
What are we looking for in our IT Support Operator?
- IT or IT related qualification
- A working knowledge of Windows10, Active Directory, Group Policy’s and MS Office 365, with an understanding of Exchange
- MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with advanced Excel spreadsheet abilities
- Good communication skills with the ability to form good relations with staff to deal with any issues on a day to day basis
- Highly numerate with an ability to analyse data and produce easy to understand reports
- Ability to organise a varied workload and prioritise tasks to meet agreed deadlines
- Ability to multi task and prioritise a varied workload to pro-actively resolve IT issues
- Proven track record of working with data, whether through university or work experience
What are you waiting for?
We can offer great benefits:
- Hours available on a Saturday morning at an increased rate
- 23 days holiday which increase on length of service plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Simply health level 2 cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Free on site parking
What you need to do to become our IT Support Operator?
Click apply today to submit your CV with a covering letter outlining why you are suitable - we would love to hear from you!
Please note CV’s without a covering letter will not be considered
As we receive a number of applications it is not possible to contact everybody so if you do not hear from the Society within 2 weeks of the closing date then your application has likely been unsuccessful.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.