Barbour ABI is the UK’s leading provider of intelligence and lead generation services that help clients to generate new business opportunities from the construction sector. With more than 150 colleagues based at Cheshire Oaks, our in-house team of research specialists and a dedicated economics team provide commercially relevant insight and unique analysis of trends and developments within the building and construction industry. Barbour ABI is the chosen provider of Construction New Orders estimates data to the Office for National Statistics and partner of the Government’s Infrastructure and Projects Authority in providing the National Infrastructure and Construction Pipeline.
Barbour ABI is part of Informa, a leading international events and intelligence group and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
We are looking for a Technical Content Developer, to be based in Cheshire Oaks, Cheshire. Reporting into the Marketing Director, this role will be working in an accomplished, forward-thinking, and open-minded marketing team.
About the role
This is a key role sat within the marketing division for Barbour ABI group companies. Technical content plays a strategic role within our key partnerships, content marketing strategy and product deliverables.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
The Technical Content Developer is based on 3 parts: Web Development, Analytics & GIS.
- Using analytical skills to manipulate, format & clean data.
- Using the cleansed data to create analytics is drawn on the data using a variety of tools (these can typically include Excel, Python, R).
- Formatted data is then manipulated to represent the data in the particular type required. This may require format changes, aggregation, spatial alignment, adhering to Web Standard formats etc.
- Managing Coordinate Reference Systems, Projections & Data Formats (e.g. Shapefiles, GeoJSON, XML, GeoPackages).
- Handling of data, database management, file management and packages (including Mapbox, Leaflet, TurfJS).
- Using Core Web Development in order to comply with web standards. The general
- Using techniques are to aid creation interactive visuals such as dashboards, maps, tables, integrated graphics and data management tools for use by a wide audience.
- Building and developing custom tools to represent Barbour ABI data and more.
An inquisitive nature and a desire to find meaning behind data
Able to work across departments: marketing, economics, research, sales
Proficient at identifying customer & business needs, and creating novel solutions
Basic analytical skills to manipulate, format & clean data
Experience in using Excel, Python and/or R for analytics
Experience in the production of technical content - front end with a specialism for front end technology
Coding, UX development experience and front- end development experience is highly desirable
- 25 days rising to 27 days after 2 years as well as 4 days volunteering and a day off for your birthday
- Workplace Pension scheme
- Share match scheme
- Reward Gateway
- Childcare Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Learning & Development
- Life assurance
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.