WHAT DRIVES US...
Maybe you know us, maybe you do not. Even though you probably use our services every day. So, we would like to share more about what we do at Nominet, and why we do it, so that you can help us to build the right team.
We're proudly at the heart of the UK's critical internet infrastructure. Leading the charge in cyber security, as we explore and pioneer new tech.
We do this to enable connectivity, inclusivity, and security for our world - and create a vibrant digital future.
That is what drives us - and the kind of people we want to work with.
Competitive salary depending on experience, plus excellent benefits including a 10-20% bonus, 30 days holiday allowance, flexible working hours, healthcare, pension scheme, life assurance, wellbeing allowance, flex benefits
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is not your average Technical Author role! Yes, you will create software application guides, API documentation, and work with your Product colleagues to ensure information is produced and delivered in an engaging, concise and value driven manner. However, we are also looking for someone who can really get under the skin of Nominet’s systems, then work with stakeholders to solve their problems. You will help us turn client requests into technical solutions that both work with our systems and solve the business needs of our clients. To do this you will work closely with our account managers, project managers and product and technical teams to ensure the solution is suitable and future proof.
This role is perfect for someone who wants to get to know all aspects of a technology business and who has a passion for turning technical language into creative and engaging content.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
* Working directly with the business to develop and maintain Nominet’s Registry Solutions documentation, with accountability for its accuracy.
* Owning the delivery of documentation that will help both internal and external stakeholders understand and market our products.
* Working with the business to understand gaps in documentation and suggesting solutions to meet outstanding documentation needs.
* Drafting of technical requirements based on product specifications, in line with ISO standards.
* Building relationships and influence other teams/key stakeholders and working collaborative manner to ratify technical requirements.
WHO YOU ARE
A technical or analytical mind will set you up for success in this role, with the ability to understand code/APIs as a bonus. The one thing we really want to see is willingness to learn and get stuck in to understanding how you can suggest solutions across the business.
You will have:
* Ability to produce documentation that is well-structured and well-written
* Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
* A desire to learn and grow – getting stuck into new projects and learning new technologies
* An analytical approach to problem solving, ensuring you can get to the root of issues and suggest the best solutions to internal and external challenges
* Ability to build effective relationships and influence internal & external stakeholders
* Ability to create and drive work on your own and as part of a team
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.