Wilmington PLC are looking for a Front End Lead Developer (Innovations Team) / Senior Innovations Developer
Senior Web Developer / Senior Innovation Developer
Location: London - E1 8QS
Salary: £50k - £60k DOE
Term: Full Time, Permanent
Why do we want you?
You are an experienced web developer / senior developer / senior innovation developer who has a strong awareness of the emerging technology landscape.
A bit about us.
Wilmington plc is a company with a difference. Over the years we’ve grown by acquisition and as such we have many unique businesses in our portfolio.
Here at Wilmington plc we provide information and training to professional business markets via a portfolio of well known professional service brands. Put simply, we enable professionals and their organisations to enhance performance by providing high quality, relevant and reliable information, education and knowledge.
Main Purpose of Role
Technology plays a key part enabling Wilmington to achieve its business goals. Positioned at the heart of the organisation and part of the Executive Committee, the technology function touches on all aspects of our business.
We are looking to grow our development team and are currently in the process of transforming both the team and the solutions to enable the next stage of the company growth.
In particular, we are looking for someone to work as part of our newly formed innovation team who has a good grasp of both current technologies but also a good view of the emerging technology landscape.
Our product delivery is generally put together using bespoke n-tier, browser based solutions, whilst still pragmatically using "out of the box" platforms, tools and components whenever appropriate. We have a small internal software development unit which is technically strong and is committed to working with the latest .Net and Web UI technologies within the Scrum framework, whilst supporting significant legacy systems.
Skills and Experience Required
- Strong awareness of the emerging technology landscape
- Strong Knowledge of ReactJS
- Good experience/knowledge in cloud technologies (Azure / AWS) and their potential uses
- Experience working on AI and machine learning and implemented solutions
- Familiar with Knockout
- Good experience with .Net Core
- Experience with SASS/LESS, Bootstrap, Gulp, Webpack
- Experience working with WebAPI
- Strong knowledge of frontend unit testing techniques Jasmine, Jest, Enzyme, JSTestdriver
- Agile, Scrum experience
- Strong experience delivering solutions in a Test-Driven Development environment. Experience should include at least
- Experience of using Source Control tools such as Git or TFS
The following are other technologies and skills we use within Axco Software Development. Whilst these are not fundamental requirements, the successful candidates would be able to evidence experience in some of these areas.
- nHibernate or another ORM (Object Relational Mapping)
- NService Bus
- TeamCity or other Continuous Integration tools
- Insurance industry experience
- Federated Security and SSO approaches
- SQL Server
A small portion of the role will include supporting and maintaining our legacy products which would benefit from skills in:
- Classic ASP
As a portfolio Company, we are all different at Wilmington. We understand the power of bringing difference together and we celebrate the innovation and creativity it brings through diverse experience, knowledge, and perspectives.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.