An exciting position has arisen for an PMO (Project Management Office) Team Leader to join CDS. This role is targeted as an entry level management position for a candidate looking to make the next step in their career.
As the Team Lead for the PMO you will have responsibility for implementing and maintaining Project Management practices within the company, alongside being hands on with typical PMO responsibilities.
The PMO Team Leader responsibilities will include:
- Line management of Project Coordinator(s), currently 1 person in this position
- Responsibility for implementing and maintaining Project Management practices across CDS
- Hands on management of the programme of work with our largest clients
- Managing internal process and tool improvement projects
- Taking on PMO activities when necessary
- Taking on Account Management responsibilities for a handful of accounts
- Understanding company priorities to allow effective prioritisation across projects and resource
- Deputise for the Operations Director
The PMO is responsible for:
- Promptly logging and allocating project and change Requests
- Coordinating, tracking, and reporting on projects and change requests
- Establishing through telephone and email communication with the customer, the specific nature of requests for software enhancement
- Relaying quotations and lead times to clients for identified software modifications
- Promptly answering or redirecting any questions or requests for clarification from both internal and external stakeholders
- Building relationships with colleagues, clients and third parties
- Project documentation, administration, and analysis tasks
- Release management and administration throughout the software development lifecycle
- Managing customer expectations
The successful candidate will also be expected to show flexibility and eagerness to assist across the other teams in the business as required for both learning and business need.
The person fulfilling the PMO Team Leader role may be required to undertake occasional travel to client sites, including the possibility of trips abroad (within Europe) which could last several days at a time.
CDS main product is CODAS, which is a complete end to end ERP system designed to assist with the day-to-day running of an oil and/or LPG business.
A period of acclimatisation, training and familiarisation with the company’s products, systems and services will be necessary, all of which will be provided for the successful applicant.
Mandatory requirements for the PMO Team Leader
- Demonstrate aptitude for the role described
- Ability to understand competing resource requests and identify those of highest priority to CDS
- Ability to handle a significant number of concurrent tasks and priorities in parallel
- Demonstrable experience developing and managing a client relationship
- Eager and willing to pick up any task with a positive attitude
- Flexibility to take on any further role requirements when necessary
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Willingness to travel
Desirable attributes for the PMO Team Leader
- Previous line management experience
- Software development or an IT environment
- Oil / Gas distribution industry
- Agile practices
- Professional qualifications, including or equivalent to: PRINCE 2 Practitioner
CDS Computer Design Systems Ltd is an independent SME, based near Manchester City Centre. CDS have specialised in the oil and LPG distribution software market for over 45 years, with strong ties throughout the industry.
The company also provides: a contributory pension scheme; permanent health insurance; private medical insurance, all subject to appropriate qualifying periods and acceptance on normal terms; access to an Employee Assistance Programme, plus an annual holiday entitlement of 25 days plus statutory bank holidays.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.