At PDSA we are currently looking for an IT Manager to join our team based in Telford. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a highly competitive salary of £42,701 - £45,263 per annum.
Pets and people at the heart of what we do.
As the UK’s leading veterinary charity, with 48 Pet Hospitals, we strive to improve pets’ lives – through prevention, education and treatment. Every year our dedicated vet teams carry out 2.7 million treatments on 470,000 pets. Our national network of around 120 high street shops help us to provide these treatments through selling both donated and new goods.
We are proud to be one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Not-For-Profit Organisations. Our fantastic people have a genuine affinity with our cause which empowers them to make a positive difference to the world we live in every single day! Join the team and find out what it’s like to be in the Top 100!
Key responsibilities of our IT Manager include:
- Managing the organisation-wide infrastructure including on-premise or datacentre located servers and storage, cloud services, networking, mobile or fixed telephony, ensuring delivery to agreed OLA’s and SLA’s
- Leading the implementation and provision of infrastructure, to agreed designs and build documentation, ensuring the use of high-availability technologies, concepts, and architectural techniques
- Regular penetration testing of our technology environment to help achieve good standards of cybersecurity to required regulatory standards
- Liaising cross-functionally with strategic partners and stakeholders to drive delivery of key infrastructure and security activities and influence and support project teams, challenging working practices in order to deliver the most suitable infrastructure and security solutions
- Advising on the technical and security specification relating to the development or procurement of new infrastructure and security products or services, working cross-functionally with end-users departments and developing business cases where appropriate
- Identifying, developing and implementing metrics-based measurement of underlying infrastructure and security performance, feeding into service delivery dashboards and reporting
- Working closely with the Technical and Functional Architects, project team(s) and 3rd party suppliers, in the production of project scope, technical design documentation and project plans, while working to specified project management methodology
What we are looking for in our IT Manager:
- IT infrastructure systems to include server, storage, data centre, networking, telephony
- Vendor and supplier management experience
- In-depth experience of 2nd and 3rd Line support environments
- Comprehensive infrastructure delivery experience, including Windows, Exchange, VMware and strong networking skills
- Implementation of risk management concepts, regulations, and certifications
- Microsoft Technologies including Windows Server 20xx, Windows 8/10 Desktops, AD/Group Policy, SCCM and InTune tools, Exchange, SQL
Benefits of becoming our IT Manager
- Excellent career opportunities/development
- 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Life assurance 4 x annual salary
- Contributory pension scheme
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of then join us as our new IT Manager and please click ‘apply’ today to be directed to our careers website – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
PDSA is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The organisation is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.