Experienced 2nd / 3rd Line Remote IT Engineer
Reporting to: Group CTO/Technical Director
The primary responsibilities of the role are:
Remote 2nd/3rd Line Support
Providing telephone and remote assistance to our supported customer base on a wide range of technologies. Maintain our remote monitoring systems and responding to alerts generated by customer systems
Remote proactive checks
Carrying out a process of regular checks for customers either on-site or remotely and producing a report.
Conversion of available data into our predefined documentation standard using the available tools.
Remote Service & Project Support
Assessing, investigating and resolving technical issues across of SMB IT solutions, delivering planned projects, managing customer communications on business change & meeting objectives
Emergency on-site visits
Carrying out visits on occasion to resolve issues at a customer site that cannot be resolved by telephone or remote support.
Out-Of-Hours On-Call Cover on a Rota
While accepting the every candidate is different, our emphasis is on showing a breadth of skills and first rate partnerships with clients. Valued skills include:
- Excellent customer facing abilities
- Commercial experience and a solid grasp on customer priorities and objectives
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft windows based servers, desktop operating systems and Microsoft message platforms is expected
- Excellent experience of Office 365 administration
- Good experience of the following products and technologies is beneficial to the role:
- Switches/Routers – HP, Netgear, Cyberoam, Draytek, Dlink
- Range of Backup Solutions
- Range of Endpoint Security Solutions including Sophos, AVG, Symantec, Trend
- Other hardware – Storage, Archiving and Multifunction Printers
- Other technologies – VPN, firewall technologies
- Any other, hardware, software or technologies that may typically be found in a small business environment
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.