Our client is a multi-award-winning healthcare communications agency based just outside of Cambridge. The company has a focus on staff development and employee happiness is their number one priority. Due to continued growth, they are looking to invest in building a team of developers and want someone to lead this next phase of their journey.
Whilst previous experience leading a team would be advantageous, it is not essential, but you will need to have a broad knowledge and experience of software development for offline and online applications. You will also need to be comfortable talking to clients and IT departments of large organisations.
- Developing software solutions for client projects.
- Analysing user requirements.
- Idea generation with a focus on the user experience.
- Working closely with the creative and content departments to build applications.
- Writing clean and accurate code in a variety of languages.
- Testing code.
- Constantly researching and evaluating software and hardware systems.
- Liaising with the client services team about timelines and budgets.
- Investigating new technologies.
- Continual professional development by courses, reading and generally being inquisitive.
- Degree in computer science or similar.
- Strong experience using HTML, CSS and JQuery to develop responsive websites and apps.
- Experience of working with 3rd party APIs (e.g. Google’s geolocation).
- Adobe CC suite knowledge.
- Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills.
- Evident leadership skills.
- Good problem solver.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Effective teamwork skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
They offer competitive packages, including private healthcare for you and your family; pension, investment in your professional development; bonus birthday day off; Christmas/New Year shut down on top of annual leave; additional annual leave after 3 years’ service; and not to mention their annual free trainer giveaway!
They are currently working in a hybrid model due to Covid-19, some people are still at home fulltime and others a combination of in the office and WFH. However, once all restrictions are lifted this role would require about two to three days a week in the office.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.