Front-end Software Engineer
CDG is a development and consultancy company that works with some of the UK’s largest companies to produce massively scalable applications.
The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail and an intuition for great user experience and interface designs, and even some experience as a graphic designer. Solid communication skills with both business and engineering professionals come naturally to you, including explaining technical matters to non-technical people.
About the Role
As a key member of the development team, you will be working alongside our software engineers on exciting greenfield software projects for major enterprises, as well as homegrown applications and side projects.
You will be involved and play a key role throughout the application lifecycle - from concept to delivery, and chip in with helping maintain and improve our existing projects.
Skills and Requirements
- 3 years+ of commercial web front end development experience
- Knowledge and commercial experience using design patterns (unidirectional state flow, immutable)
- Extensive proven experience with front-end frameworks (React, Angular to a lesser extent)
- Knowledge of frontend tooling including npm, Webpack, gulp, yarn
- Experience with frontend testing
- Experience with cross-browser and device testing websites
- Experience with CSS pre-processor (Sass/Less)
- Fluency in interpreting and working with third-party APIs
- Good understanding and experience with both relational and NoSQL databases (e.g., MySQL, Mongo, etc.)
- Version Control and Git flows
- Ideally working experience with serverless solutions
- Experience setting up, configuring, and working with Cloud Infrastructure, especially AWS and DigitalOcean
- Experience working in fast-paced start-ups in Scrum and Kanban Agile environments
- Good understanding and ideally experience with NodeJS
- background in interfacing with RESTful Web Services
- iOS or Android mobile native programming experience.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.