Solutions Architect -- London, UK
As a Solution Architect in Data Engineering, you are responsible for analysis and execution of data strategy for clients. Your role is focused on current state analysis, future state definition and delivery of solutions involving:
- Data Integration, Governance & Wrangling
- Data Storage and Computation Frameworks, Performance Optimizations
- Analytics & Visualizations
- Infrastructure & Cloud Computing
- Data Management Platforms
The role requires a hands-on technologist with experience in Big data on Cloud, Hadoop, databases, MDM and reporting to lead solution discussions in the areas of marketing and technology.
- Defining technical and business requirements for data related functionality and platform and convert the requirements into functional and logical architecture.
- Hands-on implementation in the areas of data techniques including data access, integration, modeling, visualization, mining, design and implementation
- Work in a globally distributed team to deliver high quality solutions. Manage functional & non-functional scope and quality.
- Contribute to building standard data practices like governance and address other non-functional issues like data security, privacy and quality
- Come up with analytics solutions based on the business goals and appropriate data visualization to support the goals
- Manage and provide technical leadership to large data programs or multiple programs implementation based on the requirement using agile technologies
- Experience within the field of data engineering and of application development and architectural experience using Java/Scala/Python/Pyspark
- Experience in Big Data application development on Cloud (Azure or GCP) and on-prem (Hortonworks or Cloudera)
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack (Hadoop MR, Hdfs, Hive)
- Experienced in computation frameworks like Spark, Storm, Flink using Java/Scala
- Experienced in in Hadoop eco-system with one or more distribution like Cloudera and Horton Works
- Well versed with streaming data processing using Kafka, Spark Streaming, Storm etc.
- Experienced in multi-dimensional modeling like star schema, snowflakes, normalized and de-normalized models
- Experienced in one or more ETL, BI, Analytics and advanced visualization technologies
- Experienced in master data management and building customer 360 degree views
- 15% bonus
- Health Insurance
- Competitive pension
- Training, certification and professional development
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.