DevSecOps, DevOps | AWS, Terraform, Automation, Cloud Security, Monitoring | London | Up to £80k
What is it they say… life begins at 50? The generation of over 50's are healthier and more active than ever before, and gone are the days of being boxed in a category of being 'old' when you're far from it.
This 3 year old London startup are here to break down stereotypes in both the workplace and society. They are on a mission to inspire people to live a fun, fulfilled and enriched life. Their trusted and well-established brand has over 450,000 loyal members, and operates in areas such as work, learning, volunteering, health, lifestyle, and dating!
Business is booming, and the team are super busy. With ambitious plans, they have a really exciting opportunity for Senior DevOps Engineer to come on board, own the DevSecOps function, and take them to the next phase of their growth!
At the moment the team is still relatively small at around 20, so they will be looking to you to lead the way, establishing best practice going forward when it comes to AWS, infrastructure as code and security. They are in a really strong position financially and are looking to grow the team significantly, so you will be building out a DevOps team around you. This is a great opportunity for someone who values autonomy and the opportunity to have a big impact!
This is a startup, so no 2 days will be the same. You'll be working alongside a team of highly talented engineers, and they encourage you to throw your hat in the ring whenever you choose. Your opinion matters, not just on technology, but for everything.
What you'll do:
- As the SME for the business, you'll make sure vulnerabilities are highlighted in real time and actioned quickly.
- Day to day management of the DevSecOps activities, covering sys admin, operations governance, threat/vulnerability management, and incident response
- Evaluate their existing stack, improving and finetuning their AWS infrastructure and infrastructure as code projects
- Take responsibility for the incident response process, aiming for effective resolution of high priority security incidents
Experience they are looking for
- Strong understanding of AWS and cloud security
- Experience with infrastructure as code, preferably Terraform
- Able to set up alerting and monitoring processes
- Automate processes where possible across areas such as analysis, spam detection and blocking of malicious activities
- Stakeholder management experience. Able to articulate the technical bits in an easy to understand manner
- A stickler for collaboration, working across teams towards a shared goal
They are London based but fully remote for now, after Covid they would love someone to work from their Central London a couple times week, but they are totally flexible with when. Along with a raft of benefits, they can offer a salary of up to £80k.
So all in all, if you're generally a lovely human with a cracking personality, you are passionate about DevOps, cloud and security, and you want to join a fast paced team of people using technology to help people, submit your CV below and I'll be in touch to discuss!
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.