About Us: At Phoenix Group we are committed to excellence and dedicated to our customers’ needs. We deliver health, every day, all day.
As a pan-European wholesaling and retail company we do that in many ways; in the UK with more than 450 community pharmacies, 13 nationwide distribution depots and over 6,000 employees. Supporting longer, healthier and happier lives is at the heart of the service that we deliver to our communities and something that we are really proud of.
About The Opportunity: We are currently looking for OutSystems Developers to join us as part of a new OutSystems team within our IT Solution Delivery department.
As part of a cross-functional agile team you will work with colleagues and customers to truly understand business problems and opportunities. Using OutSystems low code platform you will design, build and deploy innovative digital solutions and play an active part in all stages of the process from initial idea through to launch.
Who We Want: As a developer in an agile delivery team you will:
- Gain genuine enjoyment from seeing projects through, from start to finish.
- Be self-motivated, with a learning mind-set.
- Be happy to learn new tools, techniques and platforms towards creating innovative solutions.
- Be flexible and responsive to changing priorities and multiple, concurrent responsibilities.
- Have good interpersonal and team working skills.
- Enjoy working with users and customers and be able to explain technical detail to a non-technical audience.
Required qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in software development, ideally C# or Java.
- Demonstrable experience in developing web and mobile applications.
- Good understanding of relational database concepts and SQL.
- Some or all of the following would be a distinct advantage:
- Delivering software using Test and/or Behaviour Driven Design and familiarity with test automation.
- Lean and/or agile ways of working and use of supporting tools, ideally Jira or Azure DevOps.
- Familiar with the principles of usability and its application.
- QA experience in particular writing and executing unit and integration tests
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- OutSystems certification.
In return for your stellar efforts we can offer;
- A competitive remuneration package
- A fantastic working environment
- Opportunity to work flexibly
- On site, free car parking facilities
- An employee discount scheme
Ordinarily, our IT Solution Delivery team is based within our Head Office in Runcorn but in light of the ongoing pandemic the team is working on a remote basis, with interviews potentially being held remotely also.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.