Data Engineer - ODI - Azure - Bristol.
My client are looking for a Data Engineer to join their Data & Business Intelligence team currently working on several business-critical projects positioning data. You'll be joining a team of multi-skilled engineers to apply expertise to the highest standards to meet our business end user's requirements.
You will have experience of the following:
- Successfully delivered data focussed solutions having been part of an Agile development team
- Built and supported data warehouse and data mart solutions using Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
- Using your extensive skills, developed performant and sustainable code following good development practices
- Demonstrated an ability to understand end to end requirements to influence the design and build and to facilitate data driven insight
- Experience of Cloud platform environments and services preferably AWS (eg RDS, DMS and S3 Buckets)
- Minimum 5 years of experience:
- Building, enhancing, supporting data warehouse solutions using Oracle 12c & 19c databases
- Proven technical ability in developing, enhancing, tuning and supporting ETL/ELT and data integration solutions Oracle Data Integrator 12c
- Strong experience with a PL/SQL experience including development of packages and procedures with robust error handling
- Star schema/Dimensional modelling
- Practical experience of developing within Snowflake would be advantageous
- An understanding of streaming technologies such AWS DMS, Kafka or Golden Gate to enable Real Time analytics
- An understanding of Google Analytics structures, data collection and storage, GA API calling, extraction and load from GA into a custom warehouse
- Good knowledge of JSON manipulation in Oracle Database and Snowflake
- Experience of delivering a database application using Apex
- Some knowledge of common data manipulation Python/Spark libraries to create data pipelines would be advantageous
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.