We're pleased to announce that SThree is looking for an IT Operations & Support Manager, to be based in Glasgow, although working remotely for the foreseeable future. This role is a 12 month fixed-term contract, where you'll be responsible for management of operational and support personnel to provide global support and management control of key business and infrastructure services. This is a high impact role that offers the opportunity to develop an existing team and implement new processes and procedures.
Who will you be working for?
You'll be joining SThree, the number one global pure play STEM recruiter. We are a purpose-driven organisation, bringing skilled people together to build the future. Priding ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have a number of programmes in place to ensure that our people are valued and respected every day. With a sharp focus on training and development, we go above and beyond to ensure that you have adequate support to excel in your career. Perhaps this is why 93% of our people would recommend SThree as a place to work.
Key responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
- Responsible for delivery and maintenance of the User provisioning process, ensuring adherence to the Automation and self-service support strategy
- Key role in the creation and delivery of the IT Support Strategy
- Working with the Support Service Delivery Manager owner to effectively deliver support services using set procedures and working to agreed targets
- Management responsibility of the Operations & Support team who provide support and monitoring of the existing production environment through a 24 x 7 shift pattern, as well as provide commodity support to the business
- Recruiting and developing staff within the team to deliver a high value service and provide succession planning
- Empower the team to continually review procedures and processes to ensure that commodity and production services are delivered efficiently therefore providing greater bandwidth within the team for managing business growth and the associated increased demand
- Ensuring that key job responsibilities and team targets for staff are defined as part of the performance review process and ensuring that these are consistently met and standards are maintained.
- Providing visibility of the management of team tasks and scheduled procedures for managing production services
- Being available outside of normal business hours as an escalation contact for production and support issues that cannot be addressed by staff within the team - Some overnight and weekend work may be required.
Project & CSI
- Providing resources for major IT Projects when required - this may include sending staff on site if required.
- Ensuring that all new and changed operational processes are properly documented, and that documentation is kept up to date, and easily accessible to all who need it
- Identifying opportunities for continual service improvement
- Ensuring that handover into Operations is complete for new or changed services being delivered into production
What skills/experience are we seeking?
- ITIL qualified
- Proven experience of working in a corporate IT environment
- Proven experience of the management of operational teams providing global operations support and production monitoring services. This is a high impact role that offers the opportunity to develop an existing team and implement new processes and procedures.
- A proven commitment to quality practices and a focus on the customer as the IT environment is service focused
- Experience of troubleshooting issues on Microsoft Windows Server & Desktop operating systems
- Experience of supporting bespoke business applications, SalesForce and SAP would be advantageous
- Microsoft Office 365 and Windows 10 support experience would also be advantageous
What can we offer you?
We pride ourselves on being a true meritocracy, where our employee's hard work is valued and well rewarded.
- Competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy extra days
- Attractive employee benefits scheme
We look forward to hearing from you.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.