Opus Vitae are currently recruiting for a Website Developer (WordPress) for a prestigious business located in the Birmingham area.
Due to ongoing success, we are looking for a highly motivated WordPress developer to join a vibrant & successful team, to work across a variety of website projects, covering a diverse range of industries & scales.
The work itself is based on a 5 day working week, Monday to Friday, with general office hours being 9am - 5pm. Salary is dependent upon experience, however, is based between £30,000 & £35,000.
Job Responsibilities & Expectations
- Collaborating with the design/development team on new projects, seeing them through a discovery phase to delivery of the solution.
- Work closely with the development team to maintain the existing portfolio of projects through regular support & maintenance agreements.
- Be bale to work effectively, both independently & within a team. Take ownership of your work to ensure this is the best possible quality that can be delivered on every project.
- Drive internal standards & improvements by taking a proactive approach, including presenting new ideas of opportunities to the department/wider business. This involves taking a keen interest in quality of work via thorough testing of your own work, as well as getting involved in peer reviews and debugging of issues collectively.
- Be keen to both learn from colleagues and training opportunities, as well as assisting and supporting the team around you.
- Feel comfortable presenting ideas and proposals to internal staff and clients alike, as well as offering CMS training to clients and collaborating closely with clients on projects where necessary.
- In-depth knowledge of building commercial WordPress projects, built from custom code bases / bespoke themes.
- 3+ years experience in front end or full stack web development
- Demonstrable experience of writing component based, semantic & reusable code.
- Good understanding of Bootstrap and writing CSS code to follow the BEM methodology, which is compiled using SASS/SCSS techniques (and therefore experience working with tools such as Gulp and Webpack).
- Experience working with third party API's & integrating these into WordPress / Woo-Commerce websites.
- Comfortable developing in a mobile-first approach / mindset
- Working knowledge of version control systems such as GitHub
- Strong knowledge of popular WordPress plugins such as ACF & popular form plugins.
- Experience of using WooCommerce for ecommerce based projects.
- Knowledge of design software such as Sketch & InVision
- Basic understanding of terminal (IOS) for installing & configuring development environments/tools.
- Good knowledge of the Gutenberg editor in WordPress and customizing/extending this platform.
- Experience deploying websites to live production environments.
- Knowledge of external package libraries such as Node, NPM and Composer.
- Custom WordPress plugin development experience.
- A good understanding of server environments and undertaking basic server maintenance using command line/shell technologies
- React/Vue JS experience.
- Working knowledge of the AWS suite of tools: EC2, S3, SES, CodeDeploy, etc
- Strong knowledge of local development environments such as Docker
- An eye for flair, incorporating animation and animation libraries tastefully into projects
A good understanding of server environments and undertaking basic server maintenance using command line/shell technologies
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful individual to start employment for a prestigious business. This will lead to development in both your career path & skill set.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.