This is a new role within Holland and Barrett, aimed at a more strategic approach to contract and procurement of IT services and products across IT and associated services; (hardware, software, SaaS, telecoms, managed services etc.). The end goal is to improve IT operations by ensuring that vendor and 3rd party support arrangements are aligned to the overall business and IT strategy; this will be achieved by reducing costs, improved contract terms, and supplier relationships.
Working as part of the central GNFR Procurement team dedicated to IT, you will develop the resource requirements for asset / licensing management and IT purchasing, driving supplier sourcing, relationship management, contract negotiation and procurement road maps. The role will initially focus on consolidating and simplifying the IT vendor estate; however, you will need to develop a flexible approach to vendor management which will support the Business' digitally lead transformation. Offering a lot of autonomy to drive forward a solution, this is a great step forward for an established Procurement Manager or Contract manager from an IT background and is ultimately expected to develop into a global role. You will engage with stakeholders to understand their needs, provide sourcing solutions, manage suppliers and agreements to deliver the best possible company results for service and cost.
You will also be able to conduct multiple complex sourcing projects as well as leading other non-sourcing purchasing projects as required.
We will give you the opportunity to drive innovation and process improvement across the enterprise as part of our Global Procurement Sourcing Services function. As our (European) Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for providing innovative and strategic sourcing strategies including indirect spend, vendor due diligence, risk assessment and supplier quality management. You will negotiate, develop and oversee contracts. You will guide the development, design and organization of multiple and major supply streams and contractual processes. This will involve developing regional strategies and processes for managing external service providers. To succeed in this role, you will exhibit leadership skills and be able to build positive and collaborative relationships with both our internal business partners and as well as our suppliers.
You will also provide essential commercial support to IT and the wider business, proactively managing one or more key contracts. You will contribute to delivering Commercial Excellence, providing a customer focused service, understanding the (IT) business need and stakeholder drivers, with the aim of becoming a trusted commercial advisor.
In addition, you will play an essential part in managing and or overseeing the overall commercial life cycle, whilst your day to day role may be managing contracts and supplier relationships, you may find yourself leading on any aspects of the commercial life cycle, from developing category / contract strategies and managing procurement processes, to managing strategic supplier relationships and rolling out commercial and contract management standards across the organization.
You will have previous indirect procurement experience with category knowledge in logistics, IT and MRO. You will also have a track record of impressive savings along with strong stakeholder engagement across all levels of an organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- You will develop and implement procurement processes and procedures, measuring the success through the establishment of performance metrics, including developing our spend analytics reporting
- Supporting the (IT) business in delivering key strategic plans and targets through delivery of a professional value add service, resulting in the most cost effective use of all external spend.
- You will develop a regionalized sourcing strategy, supplier selection, contract negotiation, supplier implementation and long-term category planning, through sharing, co-creation and continuous improvement to maximize opportunities for increased value creation
- Negotiating commercials, and contract terms together with the legal department, with national and regional vendors, whilst protecting brand reputation and mitigating risk.
- Manage existing and new contracts for service performance and cost, utilizing market competitor and benchmarking analysis to improve the way the organization buys its services
- Proactively managing spend data, PO compliance, payment term adoption, and escalating operational issues across the (IT) business where identified or optimization opportunities exist.
- You will leverage spend across IT by the implementation of national and International agreements to reduce cost and increase efficiency
- You will lead process improvements and process re-engineering initiatives that are focused on reducing costs and enhancements to our service or operations
- Drive commercial value for the business in a sustainable and ethical manner consistent with the companies' values, principles and policies.
- MCIPS qualified, and ideally educated to degree standard
- Procurement background with a proven track record in developing, implementing and operating an indirect spend procurement strategy within a complex organization
- Experience of working in IT organization is highly desirable
- Commercially astute, experience of dealing with demand challenges in a complex and operational environment
- Proven track record and detailed understanding of commercial contract management processes, performance management regimes and incentivization mechanisms
- Good leadership skills and a self-starter with a positive mindset, willing to work independently and effectively as part of a team
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills – the ability to effectively communicate and report (verbal and written). Able to interact and effectively influence stakeholders, building collaborative relationships where appropriate. You will have the ability to engage with users to understand requirements, influence decision making, to effectively question and challenge users (acting as a “critical friend”)
- Excellent Negotiation Skills
- Positive Business Change Approach
- A good understanding of contract law and applied working knowledge of interpreting, managing and enforcing complex service agreements/contracts/frameworks
- Experience in the implementation of supplier relationship management strategies
- Experience of negotiating and managing large complex contracts
- A good understanding of commercial life cycle management and standard sourcing methodologies and a working knowledge of regulatory frameworks such as EU Public Contract Regulations
- Politically astute with an ability to develop networks both within the organization and externally
- Working knowledge of purchasing processes
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.