We are looking for a Lead Service Designer who …
- has experience leading the end to end design of large or complex services
- has substantial experience of using user research and data to make design decisions
- has experience in taking the lead in setting design priorities across a number of work areas
- is an expert in designing user centred services, capable of giving significant advice and guidance to others
- has a proven track record of working from a digital perspective, including iterating service design for complex situations and difficult or technical problems and processes
- has experience of engaging multidisciplinary teams with a user-centred design process and of explaining design decisions in a way that other people understand
- knows how to put forward the case (analysis & recommendations) for service design to senior stakeholders, policy colleagues and product owners
SOUNDS LIKE YOU? Then click APPLY NOW. We'd love to hear from you!
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the largest government department. We provide services and support to over 22 million people, and make payments worth over £195bn every year. There are over 110,000 colleagues and agents working with us and, right now, helping us lead the response to Covid-19.
We're driven by an extraordinary purpose. In DWP Digital we're transforming the products and services we deliver to make them work better for the people who need them.
And our pension offer is amazing - with circa 27% contributions from your employer - so you're working towards a better future for you and your family while you're helping to create better futures for millions of others in the UK.
We also want to ensure our people have a really good work/life balance. You'll enjoy the benefits of flexible working, including flexi time which means you can manage how and when you work and also take extra days off.
Development. Work. Projects.
We want a talented Lead Service Designer, with experience of large-scale and complex projects, to join our growing community of experts and leaders. Someone who can provide expert advice and guidance to develop service design patterns, across whole services (including non-digital parts), that meets user needs and department objectives.
You would be putting your experience of large-scale and complex projects to the test on a regular basis, providing leadership at program level to understand user behaviour and use evidence to help support strategy decisions.
Always mindful that you are an advocate for best practice in service design, we want you to support on the development of the department's design patterns and standards as well as the service design community as a whole within the department and across the government.
Building relationships with senior policy, legal and other stakeholders, you will help create and maintain a positive and collaborative working environment. As a champion of user-centred design within the department and beyond, you will be expected to represent DWP Digital at events (both remotely and when C-19 restrictions eventually ease).
Details. Wages. Perks
You'll join our team at our digital hub in Leeds.
However, we currently have all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £72,933p.a., a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions circa 27%, and a generous leave package.
We have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring & accreditation
- Shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award
- Career progression opportunities and lots more
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.