Mencap are recruiting for an experienced Data Governance Lead to join our Data Team at an extremely exciting time. Mencap’s new Organisational Strategy confirms the need for using evidence in all Mencap’s activity. In response, the new Data Strategy lists Data and Information Governance forming a significant part of our development as an organisation. This is a full-time permanent contract and it is a home based position with occasional travel.
Data and Information Governance at Mencap is new and evolving, and this role is intended to lead and develop Mencap’s maturity in Data and Information Governance. There is good opportunity for this role to influence the direction and activities across the organisation in order to maximise impact.
We are looking for someone who has extensive previous experience of working in either a Data or Information Governance role. You will be a confident to work collaboratively and engage well with stakeholders both internally and externally.
The Data Team is a central team of data specialists in Data Analysis, Data Engineering, Reporting/BI, Analytics, Data Science, Information Management, & Data Governance. The team are agile, and aspire to be a Centre of Excellence for data.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
Essential key skills, experience & abilities required for this role:
- Previous experience working in a Senior Information or Data Governance role.
- Experience with developing and rolling-out Data Literacy initiatives across an organisation
- Knowledge of Information Governance frameworks, and how to implement these across an organisation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; comfortable presenting to large audiences about complex and controversial topics
- Ability to interpret technical language and meanings into plain English
- Confident and positive networker who can work collaboratively internally and externally, sharing information appropriately and building supportive, trusting and professional relationships with colleagues
- Critical thinker with initiative to suggest ideas for improvement, sharing and receiving feedback in a constructive manner
- Experience working with both technical and non-technical teams for data
(Please see list of responsibilities and key skills required for this role in the role profile, including the Job Description and Personal Specification)
Please apply with an up to date CV and tell us why you are suitable for the role in the "Why do you want to work for us" section.
This role will close for shortlisting on Sunday 18th April for shortlisting and 1st stage interview will be a telephone interview with the hiring manager between 21st – 23rd April and 2nd stage interviews will be on 30th April via MS Teams.
JOB ID 21339
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and welcome applicants with disabilities to apply for all roles with us. To find out more about the scheme please visit the direct gov website.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.