we have an exciting opportunity for a Mobile Engineer to be based out of our Glasgow site. You will provide assistance for the support and delivery of all IT services and equipment managed and/or supported by SGTS, including but not limited to PCs, mobile devices, LAN and IPT equipment. This role is a combination of touch and remote support and covers both core services and services specific to sectors/business units where analysts are based and/or visit as part of the role.
What you'll be doing as a Mobile Engineer:
- Respond to IT related support calls as assigned within Service Level Agreements, using the call logging system to record progress
- Provide a great customer experience by supporting our colleagues with any query they have. Use appropriate troubleshooting techniques to identify and resolve any issues relating to equipment and software we support.
- Ensure support calls are accurately logged, closed and analysed to prevent future occurrences, and that call resolution priorities are met
- Ensure IT equipment remains secure and compliant in line with SGTS UK and Group DSI policies
- Ensure all changes are recorded accurately to ensure accurate asset management throughout the lifecycle of an asset
- Ensure all assigned project work is completed within allocated timescales to the required standard
- Provide on-site presence on behalf of SGTS at key sites
- To carry out any other duties as required
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures (HR, Health & Safety, Business Controls, etc.)
- Undertake duties in a manner compliant with the Saint-Gobain general principles of conduct and action
What we're looking for in a Mobile Engineer:
- Experience working within similar Mobile Engineer role.
- Experience working within a similar organisation and able to develop good relationships with colleagues
- Experienced in providing Windows 10 Support, working with a variety of laptops, desktops and mobile phones. Any network equipment support would be an advantage
- Collaborative approach to supporting colleagues, able to prioritise and manage their own time
- Friendly and approachable - good interpersonal skills.
We are an inclusive employer and keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, what football team you support, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We believe that working in a diverse business can be more enjoyable, teams can be more innovative, and make better decisions. We already employ many fantastic people from diverse backgrounds, but we still want to do more.
So, we are on a mission to make Saint-Gobain inclusive and accessible to all, with role models for you to look up to and learn from, no matter who you are!
You'll also get some great benefits…
- A defined contribution pension scheme
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday, including bank holidays
- Access to 100's of highstreet and leisure discounts, as well as a state of the art rewards system
- Automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance scheme
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can't guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.