Heard of us?
We're a nimble and ambitious financial services specialist. Backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams; delivering the most compelling customer experience across Banking and Motor Finance.
Now is your chance…
The role of Market Insights Manager is really important to us. Working with the top team and other senior managers to make sure the needs of the business are met, you will bring together and manage the cascade of the market and competitor insights across the organisation. This ensures that the business has its fingers on the pulse of market developments and trends.
In addition, the role will extend to identifying innovative and disruptive new and adjacent opportunities and threats, producing appropriate recommendations for our Strategy and Senior Leadership Teams based on proactive research and knowledge gained through industry/horizon scanning.
This role will also be responsible for coordinating reporting of business performance and market context to the organisation.
When the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Cardiff office. In the meantime, you will be based remotely. You'll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction.
What would your day look like?
* Lead and oversee the management of the strategic insights process through desk-based research, collation and interpretation of multiple data sets and complex qualitative information; in order to produce high quality strategic and market reporting, providing insight, guidance and direction for senior committees and forums
* As the technical expert, own and drive the effective communication and cascade of the companies strategic insights reports on a both an ad-hoc and regular basis as required, developing close relationships with the internal communications department.
* Support the development, validation and management (in conjunction with the Head of Strategy, Research & Proposition Development and the Strategy and MotoNovo Finance Senior Leadership Teams) of coherent and sustainable business strategies that are regularly reviewed to ensure appropriateness with the prevailing economic, market and competitive conditions.
* Maintain an adequate and up to date knowledge of market, industry, regulatory and economic developments; and a detailed understanding of the business' strategy, in order to facilitate the production of strategic insights and relevant, high quality recommendations that will support strategic progress.
* Analyze market sector trends, business models and emerging and future technologies. Maintain key market knowledge and use this to inform appropriate business thinking and decision-making.
* Act as a 'Change Agent' by researching new technologies and innovations to produce recommendations on the opportunities (and threats) that these emerging capabilities present, employing recognized assessment models such as PESTEL and SWOT. Present findings to the business to inform future strategic planning and decision-making.
* Lead business engagement with the insights process, working with the Strategy function and other key stakeholders to drive the creation of insights that support a market and customer relevant proposition.
What do we expect of you?
* A zest for knowledge
* Ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation
* Excellent planning and organisation skills
* Ability to translate market insight and report in bite-sized pieces to make it easy to digest at all levels
* It would be great if you have had hands-on experience within a market insights role (but not essential).
* Experience within the Automotive industry will be highly regarded.
What can you expect of us?
* A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
* A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
* A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
* A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, "backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams", we thrive upon saying "yes" to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We are committed to building a working environment that values respect, diversity, and compassion. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you're pregnant or on family leave.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by us will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.