To provide 1st and 2nd line support of the IT Desktop and Business Systems used within Princes Group in the UK and Italy, as the first point of contact for end users.
To provide out of hours support for business critical systems.
To liaise with all users of IT systems within the group and with third party service providers.
Internal contacts will include members of the organisation at all levels, given the support element of the role.
External contacts will include representatives from our key technology partners who provide equipment, service and support. These contacts will be for the resolution of day-to-day issues.
The key elements of this role are as follows.
- Support of Desktop Environment
This involves the effective management of all user-based IT equipment, including remote access users. The Support Analyst primary role will be to ensure user requests are dealt with to agreed time scales through excellent communications methods.
- Adherence to the Incident Management policy - monitoring of incoming support requests, accurate call logging and timely closure of calls, ensuring end users are kept fully informed of progress
- Desktop hardware and software support, upgrades and installations
- Management of facilities for starters and leavers
- Co-ordinate activities with the support functions and key users at other Princes sites
- Accurately perform the daily, weekly and monthly key system checks
- Daily monitoring of various systems and issues highlighted to the relevant teams
- Ensure all related documentation is kept up to date to enable support of systems by other members of the team
- Adherence to Princes Internal IT Controls
- Support of Business Systems
- First line support of Operational business systems used within our manufacturing and distribution sites
- First line support of business systems used within our Commercial areas.
- Liaise with Business Analysts and third party software and support providers to coordinate live systems application support.
- Provide an out of hours support service to business critical application users
- Infrastructure Support
First point of contact and responsibility for the timely resolution of server and communications related problems. The Support Analyst will be required to investigate problems and handover support issues to 2nd Line Support / Enterprise Team were appropriate.
Infrastructure responsibilities include:
First line support of the Thin Client environment
Support and administration of the Active Directory environment
Support and administration of Remote Access solutions
Support and administration of email and web filtering solutions
The Support Analyst will be expected to have experience in some of the following areas. Specific skills are less important than a technical aptitude as appropriate training will be provided, specifically in Operational IT Systems.
Windows 7 and Windows 10 / Server 2008, 2012, 2016
Active Directory / Exchange administration
Thin Client (Microsoft Terminal Services 2008)
Microsoft Office 2010
Internet and basic network principles
Alcatel\Lucent IP Telephony
SAP Application knowledge (not configuration) primarily in WM, PP, SD, MM, PM and with some appreciation of Basis tools for application problem resolution.
SAP Interface knowledge
Wonderware System Platform
ITIL foundation principles
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Team player who is self-motivated
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organisational skills with a logical, methodical and structured approach
- Flexible and adaptable
Full UK Driving Licence - Travel to Princes sites will be required as part of this role.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.